Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If something doesn't rot or mold you probably shouldn't eat it. page 2

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My dogs aren't a very good judge of what's edible; they're easily influenced by advertizing, if I look like I'm enjoying eating something they will give it a try. I think they would at least try a Mc D french fry or a twinkie, but probably not a skittle.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    just like humans, dogs like sweets. i bet they'd eat some skittles.

have also known dogs to eat shoes, money, rocks, pantyhose, soap and cat poop. so mebbe not the litmus paper for deciding if something is edible.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hey Forager!

I have said roughly the same thing to my kids as a rule of thumb for years, just kinda in reverse: bugs and mold go for real food the fastest.

Now watch someone say that ants will carry off a bitten-off jellybean just as quickly as they would a bit of meat...
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    just like humans, dogs like sweets. i bet they'd eat some skittles.

have also known dogs to eat shoes, money, rocks, pantyhose, soap and cat poop. so mebbe not the litmus paper for deciding if something is edible.
    Yup. My friend does rescue Shepherds, and hers have been in surgery for pantyhose. She also had to take extraordinary measures to protect the daily mail at one point. And my BIL's huskies have eaten and subsequently pooped loose Christmas tree tinsel - makes the piles all sparkly... very pretty lawn deco around the holidays!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    HA! sparkly poop.

awesome and also gross.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    I get your point, but I think it can be (and has been) simplified to say eat real healthy food, not fake processed products that are designed to replicate or replace food. Most people who read this site already do this, or at least attempt to.

Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    I get your point, but I think it can be (and has been) simplified to say eat real healthy food, not fake processed products that are designed to replicate or replace food. Most people who read this site already do this, or at least attempt to.
    Actually is was more tongue in cheek but with some truth. I've noticed some comments about eating fast food and candy and it just got me thinking.......... really what does it take to figure out what to eat. Just eat real food, I've said enough.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Hey Forager!

I have said roughly the same thing to my kids as a rule of thumb for years, just kinda in reverse: bugs and mold go for real food the fastest.
    CC your kids will always know what real food is!

snoops is online now Senior Member
    Just read that Twinkies (the new ones) have a shelf life of 45 days. WTF!

I would like to add that I have never eaten a Twinkie, even in my SAD days:-)

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I had a twinkie once. It was pretty awful.

M.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast