Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stir fry recipes! page

JulieRUNS is offline Senior Member

stir fry recipes!

Shop Now
    I haven't made a stir fry in forever! Certainly never made a Primal one... can you please share your tasty stir fry recipe?

Thanks in advance!!
    Julie

Boy, this place is rockin!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    I usually do some variation of this. Add these ingredients into a large frying pan in the order listed:

1 T Ghee (or Olive/Coconut Oil)
    2 Onions, chopped
    1 bulb Garlic, peeled and chopped
    1 T ginger, grated
    1 t basil
    1 t oregano
    1 t tumeric
    1 t cumin
    1/2 t coriander
    1/4 t chilli powder (vary depending on how hot you like it)
    -- stir for 2 min --
    2 carrots, chopped
    -- stir occasionally for 5 min, until the onions are nearly cooked --
    1 lb beef mince
    -- stir for 2 min --
    2 Capsicums, chopped
    6 large mushrooms, chopped
    1 broccoli, chopped
    2 T fish sauce
    -- stir 5 mins --
    1 440g tin of Coconut Cream
    -- cover and simmer for 15-20 mins --
    Last edited by magicmerl; 07-08-2013 at 08:47 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I don't really have recipes for this as they are usually born out of portions of meat that are too small to serve on their own or veggies (especially mushrooms) that are starting to wilt. A couple or a few meats, a couple or a few veggies (I really like onions in stir fries), some five spice, garlic or garlic powder, coconut aminos, maybe some curry powder. Fast "fried" in whatever oil or fat I'm in the mood to use. Break an egg in the center, let it set a little, then stir it in with everything else.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    I do stir fry ALOT in the summer... usually use chicken as the meat, sometimes pork, (as I did today), veggies are varied, but usually include onion, garlic, peppers (usually red and green bell). Other veggies depend on availability such as bok choy, yellow squash, zucchini, carrots. Spices are also varied. Sometimes I use salt, pepper, garlic, cumin, tumeric others I just use tamari sauce...
    Do what tastes good to you. It's a culinary adventure......

smartuko is offline Senior Member
    My usual stir frys include beef, buffalo, or lamb for the meat. Scrambled eggs. Spinach, carrots, green beans and sugar pea pods for the vegetables. Seasoned with garlic salt, rosemary, oregano, and thyme. Fried in olive oil, tallow, or ghee.

youtacolot is offline Member
    My advice is to not over think it and go crazy with ingredients. I was guilty of this for years. I used to do this with my stir fries adding all kinds of spices and sauces, chicken broth, corn starch, etc. Lately all I use is coconut oil (at the begginning), and finish with sesame oil and tamari. Let the vegetables speak for themselves, for they are delicious (especially in the summer!). If you are cooking something like broccoli and desire it to be more cooked than raw, try adding a little water to the wok here and there so that the veggies steam a little.

Excellent advice and suggestions! Thank you so much, everyone - looking really really forward to trying it all out!

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    Anyone play with thick sauces? I see recommendations for tapioca or konjac powder but sounds like it could get messy.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by picklepete View Post
    Anyone play with thick sauces? I see recommendations for tapioca or konjac powder but sounds like it could get messy.
    I just use cornflour if I want a thickener.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast