Thread: Hyperhydrosis on paleo? page

Kathryn Watts is offline Junior Member

Hyperhydrosis on paleo?

Hey all. So I'm pretty sure I have a hyperhydrosis, my hands and feet are generally sweaty and clammy, some days worse than others. I can't find any rhyme or reason behind it, or figure out anything that makes it better or worse. It's just kinda been the same through my whole paleo transition. I've been paleo for about a year and half now, and this is just one of those things that hasn't improved. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. The last thing I want to do is come sort of botox treatment or surgery for something like this. I really really hate it though, and seriously want to get rid of it!

Also, might help if I tell you a bit about myself and my habits

I'm 23 years old, about 150 lbs, 5'9'. I work out about 2 or 3 times a week doing weight lifting, yoga, or swimming. I eat pretty strictly paleo. Mostly meat and veggies, with some fruit and a little bit of dairy and chocolate. I recently cut out coffee to see if it helped with my sweating since sometime's excess caffeine can exasperate it, it hasn't seemed to help though.

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    I don't see why not just do the botox if it bothers you- one of the fantastic things about living in a developed country in the 21st century, you have choices. Some people are outliers, not because they are doing something wrong or eating the wrong thing but just because that is the way the body works. Some people even have diseases for these reasons- one of the places this board can go a little psycho is the idea that all disease is some kind of behavioral failing.

As you probably already know, there is also a prescription product available that temporarily paralyzes the sweat glands- you apply it before bed and cover with saran wrap for the night. Works lovely.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I have the same problem Luckily I have zero body odour, but whenever I do anything remotely strenuous, my face gets really, really red, and I start sweating buckets. I love how people always feel the need to comment on it as well...

"Oh wow - you got the sun!" No. I'm just red.
    "Wow, you're red!" Yeah. I know. :roll eyes:

Lol. Anyway, I feel your pain, and I hate it too. I'm actually so desperate I'm considering buying this: Sweat Miracle(TM) - Cure Excessive Sweating | Hyperhidrosis Holistically I don't mind spending $40 on it, but I just don't want to spend money and then be disappointed it didn't work...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I have the same problem Luckily I have zero body odour, but whenever I do anything remotely strenuous, my face gets really, really red, and I start sweating buckets. I love how people always feel the need to comment on it as well...

"Oh wow - you got the sun!" No. I'm just red.
    "Wow, you're red!" Yeah. I know. :roll eyes:

Lol. Anyway, I feel your pain, and I hate it too. I'm actually so desperate I'm considering buying this: Sweat Miracle(TM) - Cure Excessive Sweating | Hyperhidrosis Holistically I don't mind spending $40 on it, but I just don't want to spend money and then be disappointed it didn't work...
    Weird thing is, I don't sweat a lot when working out, and I don't smell either (horray!) It's just general never ending hand and foot sweat. It's awful. I've heard about baking soda regimens and thought about trying that. You might give it a whirl. I haven't used it yet, but it's a thought.

I also have really cold hands and feet often. Could hyperhidrosis be caused or irritated by poor circulation?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    No amount of baking soda will stop my face from sweating!!

It could definitely be caused by poor circulation. I frequently have cold feet and hands too. I actually suspect it's thyroid-related, as this governs body temp.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Excessive sweating on hands/feets, cold hands/feets, cold/hot flashes etc., can be caused by an underlying and undiagnosed "generalized anxiety disorder". Symptoms are usually worsened by coffeine. I am not saying that you have this diagnosis though, but it is pretty common, so maybe you should take a check up with a doctor?
    Being just an old fashioned guy myself; I’m beyond tired of all these fragile mama boys (and girls!) with powder in their gluteus and soft pillows under their arm pits that cannot recover from their 3 days a week abbreviated “strength” routine…

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Excessive sweating on hands/feets, cold hands/feets, cold/hot flashes etc., can be caused by an underlying and undiagnosed "generalized anxiety disorder". Symptoms are usually worsened by coffeine. I am not saying that you have this diagnosis though, but it is pretty common, so maybe you should take a check up with a doctor?
    You might actually be on to something there. I hadn't considered that. It is worse when I am in tense social situations or I am nervous. I've suspected I had an anxiety disorder too for other reason and I was diagnosed with ADHD as a teenager (although that has been mostly cured with paleo). Perhaps I should go see a doctor and talk about both anxiety and possible poor circulation/thyroid issues?