Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Camping with (opinionated!) vegetarians page 5

Mutton is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ethorn View Post
    You guys are idiots.

This is his friends. Friends are fucking important and bring happiness into your life. I can't see any situation where I'd blow off friends just because they eat differently or have other viewpoints than myself. Don't you people value friendships? There are other things to people than what they eat. But looking at the re
    Vegetarians get judged as much as paleo's. Just look at most of the replies in this thread. Not everything is about being the healthiest human possible. And discarding other people because they don't think the same is silly.

Love and be loved. Eat what you want and go there to have a good time with friends. If they ask about what you eat, be prepared to talk about it, or just let them know you don't feel like talking about it.
    Friends and family are more Important than anything you put in your mouth, I agree. And part of that is wanting the best for their health.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    with my veggie and vegan friends I just stressed I have given up all grains and processed foods for my health and that if I didn't eat meat etc Id be a nutritional mess. The discussions we had weren't heated, I talked about organic,grass fed healthy animals and they understood where I was coming from.
    I have more veggie friends than vegan as vegans can be very intolerant, opinionated, self righteous and aggressive and I don't like that personality type much. Passion though I do understand so I respect the vegan friends I have and we have a fun ongoing argument that if everyone was vegan millions of animals would die!.
    Don't forget too that some of these people find their lifestyle choice very hard and they aren't avoiding eating meat because they don't enjoy it but for ethical or moral reasons. this group often don't want meat eaten around them because it makes it harder to abstain.
    not all veggies/vegans are rabid in their attitude and opinion and discussion can be really interesting.
    Just don't get dragged into being intolerant, opinionated, self righteous and aggressive yourself
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345