Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Gem from Rippetoe page

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member

Another Gem from Rippetoe

Shop Now
    On T-Nation. Since we love to debate this stuff.

T NATION | Rippetoe Goes Off

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Just the usual Rippetoe hogwash; - Just shut up you silly physical therapists, you are all fraudulent since you are using inferior isolation exercises for rehabilitation of injuries! What your patients really need is to get under the barbell and squat 600 pound, that will cure everything, LOL…
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Just the usual Rippetoe hogwash; - Just shut up you silly physical therapists, you are all fraudulent since you are using inferior isolation exercises for rehabilitation of injuries! What your patients really need is to get under the barbell and squat 600 pound, that will cure everything, LOL…
    Gee, Gorbag. It's almost like Rip knows you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe
    What the hell is wrong with everybody? Has the internet, by enabling everyone to have a voice, rendered everyone with an ear suddenly stupid?

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    leave gorbag alone. i feel badly for a person who he hates rip so much, yet takes the time to read the article and comment on it. gorbag needs a hug and a friend. he just wants to be loved.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Good article.

PT advice for most people is similar to the typical dietary advice from the medical community.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Gee, Gorbag. It's almost like Rip knows you.
    We are making progress. Gorbag has now identified himself as the King of Trolls (his sig). We are now past the denial stage. Soon, healing might begin...

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Hmm, seem like the usual rat pack of Rippetoe nut huggers has found their way to this thread! Well, RIP get talked about, and all publicity; good or bad, makes his bank account even bigger, so I am indeed doing RIP a favor by commenting his hyperbolic and rhetoric articles that he occasionally writes for square headed wannabe muscle heads, like the posters above…
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    if gorbag keeps up with his aggression and name calling, i will be reporting his posts, and i suggest you all do the same. disagreements are one thing, but they always lead to insults, aggression and name calling. personally, i don't think there is any place for that on this forum.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    so I am indeed doing RIP a favor by commenting his hyperbolic and rhetoric articles
    For which I'm sure he's grateful. You're too kind.

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    if gorbag keeps up with his aggression and name calling, i will be reporting his posts, and i suggest you all do the same. disagreements are one thing, but they always lead to insults, aggression and name calling. personally, i don't think there is any place for that on this forum.
    It's pretty much a guarantee that if there's a strength-related thread with the words Starting Strength and/or Rippetoe, that Gorbag will drop in to troll, strawman, and mislead. He's probably the biggest source of misinformation on strength training on this forum. I don't know what it is, but he certainly has some kind of a personal vendetta against Rippetoe.

Like a moth to a flame...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast