Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Gem from Rippetoe page 4

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I dunno, I like having Gorbag around. He's kind of like the nutty uncle who keeps talking about chemtrails and how 9/11 was an inside job, etc., but then every once in a while drops some good life knowledge on fiscal responsibility or some funny story about avoiding hookers. Good times.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I dunno, I like having Gorbag around. He's kind of like the nutty uncle who keeps talking about chemtrails and how 9/11 was an inside job, etc., but then every once in a while drops some good life knowledge on fiscal responsibility or some funny story about avoiding hookers. Good times.
    I think he's more like the nutty uncle who just gets drunk and knocks over the buffet table and manages to offend everyone without actually contributing to the party.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
    Yeah, but the clock usually has the courtesy to just keep its stupid mouth shut.

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Yeah, but the clock usually has the courtesy to just keep its stupid mouth shut.
    Except in Gorbag's case, the cuckoo keeps coming out and annoying the shit out of everyone around.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Hehe, the usual bunch of fan boys accusing me, for “hating” their guru – which is not true either! But who is the real “TROLL” here – the proclaimed “strength guru” writing an article that shots blindly from his hip against everybody with a different view on strength training, including the complete group of physical therapist professionals, and somebody like me that respond modestly to some of the nonsense? Does Rippetoe even believe in what he is throwing out in his articles, or is he a “cynic” that knows his strength searching fan boys too well, including their limited intellectual capacity to separate out the prejudiced hogwash of his writings - that swallows his rhetorical baits completely with head and tail? Does RIP write whatever that that he thinks his followers want to hear, that fits their shallow muscle head prejudices? If so is the case, then he has something in common with certain political cynics…
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

Much like the old "if a tree falls in the forest" adage...if a gorbag types on a forum, does anyone care?
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    Much like the old "if a tree falls in the forest" adage...if a gorbag types on a forum, does anyone care?
    Funny thing is, he types a lot, yet I have no idea what his argument even is. He's been blithering about Rippetoe/Starting Strength countless times, without making a single logical argument. Amazing trolling prowess.

Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    Funny thing is, he types a lot, yet I have no idea what his argument even is. He's been blithering about Rippetoe/Starting Strength countless times, without making a single logical argument. Amazing trolling prowess.
    That's the thing...he is so bent out of shape about hating rip and anyone who has anything good to say about him, that all he does is ramble on and sling insults at us.

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    That's the thing...he is so bent out of shape about hating rip and anyone who has anything good to say about him, that all he does is ramble on and sling insults at us.
    He also says we (the "Rippetoe worshipers") are on his ignore list, and yet here he is, reading our posts, throwing his troll feces at us every chance he gets.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast