Thread: new grokette (almost) from Australia page

almostGrok'd is offline Senior Member

new grokette (almost) from Australia

Primal Fuel
    G'Day,
    I've been reading MDA's for about a month now, letting the information sink in. I haven't made the full leap into Primal living yet although my meals are getting there more each day.
    Thought I was doing pretty well today until hubby set out a piece of cheesecake for dessert. Where did that willpower go!!!!! Still having a bit attached to grains at breakfast time as I don't have time to do a cooked breakfast and there's only so many eggs one can eat in a week!!!

I've started to incorporate some grok style bodyweight exercises in my fitness too.

Anyhoo, just thought I'd say HI.

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Maaaate! Always good to have another Aussie on board.

I've found it hard to ditch breakfast grains too. I've started making pancakes (mashed banana, egg, almond meal and coconut flour).

hey helen,
    tried the almond meal pancakes once..... not a fan of the 'lets eat the beach' feel in the mouth. Might try using buckwheat instead..... I know it's not a grain but not sure on the pb take on it. Any ideas??

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    must be fine almond meal I bought... the texture is very light. Buckwheat is a grain. I use a bit when making them for my kids so it's more like the texture of the ones they are used to.

Try Mark's almond butter and banana pancakes, much smoother. (Almond butter is expensive tho)

Suse is offline Senior Member
    hi from your neighbour across the ditch.... depending on what your goals are, a bit of cheesecake will fall into 20%... I'm strictly in that camp. all power to those who are very good at 100% but I think it is important to ease into the lifestyle if that is your "way". enjoy yourself, enjoy less bloating!

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    Welcome, good to see another Aussie.

Breakfast - I stick to fruit and bacon, its not the easiest meal...

Apparently buckwheat is actually a seed but is .. to quote from a net search "Nutritionally, buckwheat is similar to many other grains — low in fat and a good source of carbohydrates. Two tablespoons (30g) provides only 420 kilojoules (100 calories) and one gram of fat. It's also a good source of thiamin (vitamin B1), niacin (vitamin B3), iron and magnesium, as well as being a moderate source of fibre and protein. "

So, I'm guessing the high carb count might put it on the 'not-for-PB' list.

Might have to try the pancakes with almond flour instead of the almond meal. And maybe NOT inflict it on the husband this time!!!

Might just have to stick to grain free 'museli' and lower the honey content when I make it... hmmm maybe up the prune level too for sweetness.

Ok. Rambling now........ bye.

Namasteak is offline Senior Member
    We really enjoy the banana pancakes that were posted on here awhile ago, sounds similar to what you make but without the almond meal & coconut flour. If you cook a bunch up, then wrap them tightly in plastic wrap they keep well in the fridge. We fry them in a bit of butter to reheat them.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/almond-banana-pancakes/