Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Journal of an American Dragon page 2

Shop Now
    Tonight's dinner: pineapple mole chili (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread90854.html)
    It was delicious! I find that I'm enjoying recipe-less cooking. So far all my experiments are working pretty well.

Rambling thoughts
    After two weeks of this training/eating regimen, I really wish I had a scale and measuring tape (both of which are in Chicago, and I can wait two more weeks to measure). I'm averaging 3105 calories and 204.2 g protein per day, so I'm about 300 calories over my TDEE (and 600 cal over my old average intake). I just want to be tracking my measurements weekly so I can gauge if I need to tweak my diet.

Getting the calories and protein are easy, but keeping myself within the 190-200 range is hard. I'm packing in a lot of vegetables as much as possible, which is fantastic (great collard greens today). In order to hit my calorie targets without going too far overboard on protein, i bought a jar of almond butter. When I get back to Chicago, I'll switch my gap-filler to a jar of coconut butter. Avocados are a great fat source, especially because I'm in California. I'm not really tracking carbohydrate and fat ratios. I just try to get vegetables in at every meal, and one of my PWO meals every week is going to be a high carb/low fat meal. That's as far as I'm going with monitoring those. I try to make up the difference with fat because I'm running a $100 weekly grocery bill with meat and vegetables, which is about where I want to be. I can't imagine making up the difference with carbohydrates; the vegetable bill would kill me!

I decided to stay on a five-set plan because I don't see the value in fluctuating from low to heavy volume every week. I did adjust my exercises slightly so I can get horizontal pushes and pulls in. Here goes:

Pistol to bench: 5/leg, 5/leg, 5/leg, 4/leg, 4/leg = 23/leg
    Ring wide pushups: 7, 6, 5, 5, 5 = 28
    Pullups: 6, 6, 5, 5, 4 = 26

Tuck L-sit (bench) 2 x 15 sec.
    Prone cobra: 10, 8

And today is my weekly high-carb PWO meal, so I have pork chops and sweet potatoes going right now, with an onion and pepper ready to hit the pan when the pork is done!

PrimalCon New York
    Pistol to bench: 5/leg, 5/leg, 5/leg, 5/leg, 4/leg = 24/leg
    Ring dips: 6, 6, 5, 5, 4 = 26
    Ring wide rows: 6, 6, 6, 5, 4 = 27

Tuck L-sit (bench) 2 x 15 sec.
    Prone cobra: 10, 9

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12