Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark's carb suggestions almost killed me page 6

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Mark didn't come into your house and steal your bananas.
    You crack me up.
    Last edited by little vase; 07-07-2013 at 01:48 PM.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abel View Post
    If I shared the whole story very detailed with you, you'd understand why I went back two more times...
    There were still possibility that it was not the lack of carbs that caused the problem but other things like infected gut, or just not enough fat...
    As horrible as it may sound, it actually took 3 tries to be absolutely certain that it was the lack of carbs that caused the problem.
    This thread has become so negative,
    abel
    -I would like to hear your story, it sounds like you have a personal health issue to address. perhaps if you tell us about your issues and how you were managing your diet some of us can be constructive and help you plan something more beneficial.
    why don't you start another thread and explain from the beginning, tell us what you were hoping to achieve, what your diet was like.
    you aren't the only one to make mistakes, but a thread with such a sensationalist title provokes extreme responses. VLC works very well for a lot of us , me included, and we manage it very healthily.
    let us see where things went wrong for you- it might well help someone else avoid the problem
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Everyone gangs up on the one guy who has a problem with the intentionally vague to the layman use of words that Mark adds to his ridiculous carb curve. Simply looking around this forum shows that they interpret primal to be the same low carb lifestyle that this guy did. To suggest the body doesn't need carbs, and can make its own, is looking at the picture through a pinhole -- and is negligence to the vast variables and intricacies of the human body and each and every person's needs.

Mark Sisson is not infallible, stop treating him like some kind of higher being, it's sickening. That said, everyone needs to take responsibility for their own actions, I know I did. Get well soon, OP.
    nihil

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    If something doesn't work, accept the responsibility of implementing it and move on to find what works. Mark didn't come into your house and steal your bananas.
    LOL, and yes, diet books are no excuse for not thinking for yourself, and reading the Primal Blueprint as “eternal truths” or the Bible of correct eating, and you may get into some trouble…
    Being just an old fashioned guy myself; I’m beyond tired of all these fragile mama boys (and girls!) with powder in their gluteus and soft pillows under their arm pits that cannot recover from their 3 days a week abbreviated “strength” routine…

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    There are a lot of things the human body can do - but it doesn't mean we should all go out and do them. I wouldn't last 5 minutes halfway up Everest, despite many people successfully climbing it. Nor would I do well living in the Outback, despite the success of Aboriginal folk. People seem to read a hell of a lot into some simple statements.

abel is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    This thread has become so negative,
    abel
    -I would like to hear your story, it sounds like you have a personal health issue to address. perhaps if you tell us about your issues and how you were managing your diet some of us can be constructive and help you plan something more beneficial.
    why don't you start another thread and explain from the beginning, tell us what you were hoping to achieve, what your diet was like.
    you aren't the only one to make mistakes, but a thread with such a sensationalist title provokes extreme responses. VLC works very well for a lot of us , me included, and we manage it very healthily.
    let us see where things went wrong for you- it might well help someone else avoid the problem
    Thank you for the constructive comment, I don't think there is any point to it. In the eye of most people, I already had a lost case when they saw that I'm making a point against some of the activity of Mark.
    Yes, I do think that his claims for ultra low carb stuff are irresponsible and can be dangerous.
    If you're curious, I'm happy to share my story with you, but I don't think there is any point of discussing it any further here.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for the constructive comment, I don't think there is any point to it. In the eye of most people, I already had a lost case when they saw that I'm making a point against some of the activity of Mark.
    Yes, I do think that his claims for ultra low carb stuff are irresponsible and can be dangerous.
    If you're curious, I'm happy to share my story with you, but I don't think there is any point of discussing it any further here.
    you're welcome to message me with it, but you might find there are more people who want to help than you think .
    there is more than 1 road to health you just have to find the right one for you.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

little vase is offline Senior Member
    The word "troll" gets bandied about here wayyyyyy too much.

I think you should post about your experiences if you find it helpful. Screw anyone who doesn't like it, they don't have to read it.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Nah, probably not.

If you ever wanna give a moderate paleo method that allows for some dairy, fruit, and starch to fit your needs I hope you will try reading the Primal Blueprint. Try following it as written rather than your perception of what you think it is. Its a good starting point.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 07-07-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    There is really no point of trying to prove this anymore, there is enough words written on the site that suggests that eating zero carb is a totally legit way to go.
    And it is for a lot of people. Maybe not for you. Since you refuse to elaborate on your medical conditions its hard to say. Just as there are people who are carbohydrate intolerant there are likely to be those on the other end of the spectrum that have difficulty upregulating the "machinery" necessary to be in full blown ketosis for extended periods. So you modify, you find out about things like sodium, magnesium, and electrolyte balancing. If you cant figure why ketosis isn't working for you, you add in Primal carbohydrate. This is clearly laid out in a thousand ways. Sorry that you read one post about ketosis then never popped back onto the internet for 3 more tries and fecal impaction before making this post. Thats your bad though. Actually your bad is also the horrendous title of the thread, which you quickly apologize for in your OP, but it really does set a bad tone for you to get any sympathy. Kinda tough to overlook, so I believe most of us have to point out how absurd your rationale is before we can move on to really wanting to help you.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 07-07-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast