Thread: Beer Battered Fries of Eeeev-elle page

Allenete is offline Senior Member

Beer Battered Fries of Eeeev-elle

Primal Fuel
    I was just thinking today how satisfied I was with my eating habits, and then I tuck into a bowl of beer-battered fries at the bar.

*sigh*

It served one purpose: to remind myself why I eat clean.

As yummy as they were at the time, I am now having some weird stomach sensations (what could be causing that?), and I feel "blergh".

Clean food, on the other hand: yummy at the time AND makes me feel good hours later.

I'll just keep telling myself there was a benefit somewhere among the regret.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    There was some benefit. You posted here, so now I'm going to tell you about Duck Fat French Fries.

There a probably a gazillion recipes online, but this is what I find easiest.

Use organic potatoes to save yourself the hassle of peeling them. Cut them kind of wide, because they're going to go through two easy processes. Par boil in well salted water. Drain in colander. Get duck fat hot in a pan. You want it hot enough that a tiny drop of water from your finger tips makes it pop. Put in parboiled potatoes. Salt again. Let them brown on all sides. Put onto a plate covered with paper towel. Eat.

Totally primal. Totally delicious and decadent. Duck fat will keep for ages in the fridge, and of course, even longer in the freezer.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite