Thread: Restuarant Advice for a Cross Country Road Trip page

Enarra is offline Junior Member

Restuarant Advice for a Cross Country Road Trip

Primal Fuel
    Hi

My husband and I are driving from our home in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada through Canada to Vancouver, BC, then down the Pacific coast through Seattle and Portland to San Francisco, and then east through Salt Lake City, Des Moines or (Omaha), Chicago and back home again. Through each of those cities (and obviously a few more) we'll be stopping to eat.

Which is why I'm posting here. I have a very solid hunch that we'll find some pretty awesome restaurants and farmers markets along our way but especially on the west coast. But we could really use Primal community's help in finding them!

We're not die hard Primalists right now, but we're trying to be... for example I've heard of In-n-Out burger all my life but never seen the place... so I'm going there, no doubt about it... I'll probably go Protein Style for burger, and my husband definitely will. But I'll likely get fries too ... because potatoes may actually be the love of my life.

The area that we'll stay in the longest is San Francisco. 3-4 days.

StupidFatHobbit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enarra View Post
    Hi
    ... for example I've heard of In-n-Out burger all my life but never seen the place... so I'm going there, no doubt about it... I'll probably go Protein Style for burger, and my husband definitely will. But I'll likely get fries too ... because potatoes may actually be the love of my life.
    Yes you must go!

I would hit up their website and try to visit as many as you can on your route.

Dude those are good burgers

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    I can't help with those cities but when I travel I like to research Yelp ahead of time. You can try broad search terms like "meat".

In the US the mediocre chains are very good at dominating the highway exits so it pays to dig a little deeper and find the local gems.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Rusty is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like some great plans!

At InO, order your Double Doubles "protein style" and they will wrap in lettuce for you (if you don't want cheese, just tell them).

In Portland, there is a place called Dick's Kitchen, I've seen ads in Paleo Magazine, that, although, not specifically Paleo, is Paleo friendly. I've never been, but would love to hear your thoughts if you do eat there.

Just a note on grocery store rotisserie, do check ingredients, some do use soy/gluten on their chickens.

Have a fun and safe trip!

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aspexil View Post
    Good advice. I've often called ahead to request they make one with nothing put on it and they'll set that aside for you to pick up.
    Most of the time it is injected in the meat. Most deli employees at a standard grocery store would not even know this. Whole Foods has a "naked bird" that has nothing in it or on it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

KotikBegemotik is offline Senior Member
    Chipotle is always a great fast-food-style eatery. Barbacoa, guacamole, fajita veggies, extra tomato....heaven.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill

"Keep Calm and Carry On"-British Wartime Poster

"Don't Panic"
    -H2G2