Thread: PBF Workout Order? page

Ostermiller is offline Junior Member

PBF Workout Order?

In the book it appears that the workout are recommended to be done in the order:

Pushups
    Pullups
    Squats
    Planks

However, most workout programs/gurus would generally recommend starting with squats to warm the body.

So wouldn't something like this make more sense?

Squats
    Pullups
    Pushups
    Planks

?

Thank you for your thoughts!

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    I don't think there's any magic to the order, mix em up if you like.

I'd recommend doing a warm up first any way, like a fewminutes of some dynamic stretches, star jumps, skipping or running in the spot, to get the blood flowing.

Why do you think squats would warm up the body any better than Pushups?
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Yup doesn't matter. Best to move the order around every couple weeks IMO, so that you are fresh when hitting different muscles with more intensity. Thats how I did it when I was sticking to bodyweight stuff.

Ostermiller is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    I don't think there's any magic to the order, mix em up if you like.

I'd recommend doing a warm up first any way, like a fewminutes of some dynamic stretches, star jumps, skipping or running in the spot, to get the blood flowing.

Why do you think squats would warm up the body any better than Pushups?
    I think that because I swear I remember reading about the importance of squats first somewhere else (maybe SS?).

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostermiller View Post
    I think that because I swear I remember reading about the importance of squats first somewhere else (maybe SS?).
    Your probably right (about reading it somewhere). When I used to do bodybuilding to workouts, it was always recommended that you should do exercises which work the larger body parts/multiple muscle groups first and vthen move onto the smaller groups or specific muscles.

For instance, it may make sense to hit the over head squats before press.

I could see where that may come from, but I don't think it applies so much to body weight stuff.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you want to go with the PBF, the order doesn't really matter. Get the work done!
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/