Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Metaformin side-effects page 2

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    a donuts around 45 carbs, a 5" sub roll is about 35 mac and cheese i have no idea. it is possible to incorporate small amounts in a low carb diet but the affect in blood sugar is massive as they enter the blood stream as fast as sugars and the pancreas has to deal with it immediately but in a diabetic it just cant hence the spikes and the slow come down.
    btw 60g of protein is really low ,your intake should be around 100 unless you are really really petite
    If you don't eat enough you know your BG is likely to be high to compensate?
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

phigment is offline Senior Member
    I am not petite I would be morbidly obese. I am 5'4.5" and approx 230 lbs. My daily caloric is 1770. I will try to get more protein and less fat. Most of my weight sits on tummy and breast.

Todays menu was:
    B: 2 slices of bacon, a cup of spinach, 1 100 calorie pack of wholly guacamole, and 3 eggs.
    L: (A big fail to nausea but it settled my stomach) was a hershey bar with almonds. (Normally it is tuna with avocado and some sort of leafy green or lettuce or hard boiled egg with avocado and a cruicerferious veggie.)
    dinner was 2 lamb chops with a dose of Metaformin.
    Last edited by phigment; 07-06-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12