Thread: Healthy fats page

marti783 is offline Junior Member

Healthy fats

So I E-mailed Mark and asked him how do I lower my protein levels to 1g/lb of body weight yet still consume enough calories to gain the weight I want. He responded to eat alot of healthy fats rich in Omega 3s. Well, my request to all of you is....what are some healthy fats!?! I'm new to this website by the way. I'm going to search the blogs but I figure I'd throw this out there first. Thanks!

PrairieProf is offline Senior Member

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Any saturated/monounsaturated fats are good. Preferably from animal sources. Limit polyunsaturated fats, which mostly come from plants.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

venam is offline Member
    All animal fat (from properly raised animals) is game. If you are also going to go for plant fats I would mostly eat macadamias and/or coconuts. Most other plant fats are too high in poly-unsaturated fats.

Fish is the best source of O3s. Salmon belly is really fatty and delicious, if you can get it where you live.

Darthash is offline Senior Member
    Coconut oil is good

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I love how our conception of "healthy fats" is the complete opposite of CW. When they say healthy fat they mean canola oil, when I do I mean beef tallow and coconut.

As least we have monounsaturated in common. No qualms with that one.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

norcalgal is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i just came from a frustrating conversation about saturated fat and the lipid hypothesis which i tried saying saturated fats are natural and better for us than polyunsaturated. then i tried using youtube to show some different documentaries saying so, and pointed out places in various books written by biochemists, doctors and other people of credential. to this the answer i was given was "just because you read it in a book doesnt make it so".
    WTF seriously. you read in a publication exactly the opposite of what im saying but that publication is somehow different to mine therefore their own argument of reading it in a book doesnt come into play there either? AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
    "The first wealth is health."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson