Thread: The 45 year old fat guy page

dlsparks9 is offline Junior Member

Cool The 45 year old fat guy

Shop Now
    I just wanted to introduce myself I started the primal lifestyle Fathers day and did well for the first week and half then we had family outing where beer was involved and that leads to bad food choices but I am ready to get back on the horse. I also started crossfit which I love and do 3 days a week with my 20 year old son. I am starting out at 337 6'1" I would be thrilled to be 250 I wear 3x shirts and 44 waist havent shopped at normal stores for clothes in so long that is another goal just to go by clothes at any store I want. I have my own company and we do well I have control of all aspects of my life except my weight and after reading the primal blueprint I finally feel there is a way to take control. In just a few weeks of being 75% primal I didnt have any heartburn or stomach issues then I ate the old way for a couple of days and had horrible heartburn that just made me realize that primal is the way to go. I used to try and walk for exercise but after about 1/2 mile my shins would be in extreme pain after a week of primal I walked 1.5 miles with no shin pain another reason to live primal. I am so proud that I found this site and Mark's wisdom. I also have a 24 year old son that is living primal and never felt better so proud of both my kids for pushing me in the right direction. I also have a wonderful wife who loves me unconditionally and we have been married for 25 years she has weighed between 120 and 130 the whole time we have been married and has put up with me going from around 205 at our wedding to 337 which is unfair to her and myself because we have missed things due to me being uncomfortable in certain social situations. To help with the social situations i started zoloft several years ago and I am ready to get off of it and my blood pressure medicine because it definitely doesn't help with the weight issue. Wish me luck on my journey its a lifestyle not a diet! I will take any advice to help sustain the primal way of life.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    good luck and motivation to you. congratulations on changing. its worked wonders for me and i wish you the same incredible energy and diminishing 'fat-line' as me
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Don't think of it as an issue of control. I see that in your post. Our bodies are self-regulating, but the equilibrium they might settle on is greatly dependent on the fuel we feed them. It wasn't your fault that eating "normal" food and following "normal" eating habis meant you ended up eating too much and gaining weight. That is the body's normal response to the "normal" way of eating.

dlsparks9 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the support I already feel better and less bloated its amazing what bad carbs do to your body!

geoffspakes is offline Member
    Welcome to the primal lifestyle...if you slip don't dwell on it, push it behind you and move forward with new resolve. It takes time to break some of those old habits.