Thread: Carbohydrate Restriction as an Adjunct Treatment for Hypothyroidism page

samknox is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb Carbohydrate Restriction as an Adjunct Treatment for Hypothyroidism

Primal Fuel
    Carbohydrate Restriction as an Adjunct Treatment for Hypothyroidism | A Worldly Monk

"Hypothyroidism is a distressingly common condition, one from which I suffer myself. My diet includes sufficient amounts of the dietary precursors of thyroid hormones, avoids goitrogens (substances in food that inhibit the production of thyroid hormones) and restricts carbohydrate."
    Last edited by samknox; 07-06-2013 at 10:39 AM.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Good article which has online references of the study. And another good reason to stay away from lots of carbs. I appreciate such a study today because my HMO is now recommending a vegetarian diet.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hey nice post. Since this is your blog post please do expand on this part though for the audience . Or just link some of what you have if you like.

"While adding carbohydrate to a diet increases blood levels of T3, it does not also increase basal metabolism. This suggests that the additional T3 is used exclusively to metabolize higher levels of blood sugar."

I think there is a rather large grouping of people that believe carbohydrate actually does increase basal metabolism.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 07-12-2013 at 01:03 PM.