Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assist me in my lower back pain! page 2

Lockstock is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ill get a few videos of form next workout. I'm probably rounding on the way down.

Another thing, when I take in my gulp of air to fill up my belly to protect by back, am I tensing/engaging my abs at the same time?
    Once over, I was just engaging my gut, without taking that gulp of air. Then I started taking that gulp of air without tensing the abs. Should I be doing both?

Ah ok, so after looking at form videos and techniques. I think my problem had to do with using to much of my back and not my legs. So once it got past knees, instead of thrusting forward with my hips I pulled with my back.

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockstock View Post
    Ah ok, so after looking at form videos and techniques. I think my problem had to do with using to much of my back and not my legs. So once it got past knees, instead of thrusting forward with my hips I pulled with my back.
    My spine is crying just thinking about this. Form is paramount on barbell lifts. You will get hurt if you don't have it nailed down.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Well at least you recommended planks instead of something silly like sit-ups.

Here is some relevant info with a couple of useful exercises:

Interesting video, Mr. Steward is one of the best spinal doctors !
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

Okay, So I squatted 90kg today and the same thing. I had a bit of "spinal soreness" (as best as I can describe) for a few minutes then it went away to a nice lower back pump. As if it got a good workout. I checked my form with one of the trainers who thought nothing seemed wrong with it.

Could it simply be too much weight? I'm always near failure on the last rep on the last set. Where is takes a lot of push to get the weight up and a lot of constipation looking faces.

My stick my arse out, chest up, lower down, bend the knees, I cant figure out what i'm doing wrong.

Everyone says to take a deep breath in and keep it in your belly, while some say just suck your gut into your spine. Which one? I take a breath in my gut and perform the movement, and I simultaneously supposed to be tensing, or engaging my core??
    Last edited by Lockstock; 07-08-2013 at 12:17 AM.

On second look, It appear I may but wink just very slightly at the end of the movement with squatting. It seems to be an issue with my hamstring flexibility, which makes sense. I'm on my arse all day then I go to the gym to squat.

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    You really have to post a video if you want any legitimate feedback. Telling us what you think you are doing doesn't really help us at all
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    You really have to post a video if you want any legitimate feedback. Telling us what you think you are doing doesn't really help us at all
    Yup. And you should probably post the video in the Starting Strength Coaches' Forum rather than here.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Yup. And you should probably post the video in the Starting Strength Coaches' Forum rather than here.
    But no! Post it here too. Just cause I wanna see also.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    But no! Post it here too. Just cause I wanna see also.
    Yeah, post it both places. Even better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12