Thread: Halitosis/bad breath since moving to Asia. Any suggestions to improve it? page

AMonkey is offline Senior Member

Halitosis/bad breath since moving to Asia. Any suggestions to improve it?

Primal Fuel
    Used to live in Scotland, typical primal diet, never had any breath problems. Could brush my teeth once a day and my breath would be fine.
    Been living in Singapore for a month now and I've noticed that my breath smells. Doesn't seem to matter if I brush 3 times a day, with mouth wash once, there is still an underlying odour. My diet has changed, Singapore is carb heaven and its very hard (and expensive) to eat primally here. As a result I'm eating a lot more fruit and simple carbs.
    I can't think the carbs is causing this though. Does anything have any suggestions to either cure or prevent the bad breath I'm experiencing?

pabs is offline Senior Member
    When I recently went on holiday for two weeks, I had to eat indian vegetarian food for the whole time due to lack of choice. The food was very simple carby (mostly rice, wheat, legumes - basically anti-paleo) and I suffered from the same symptoms you mention above. When primal, I can go (don't judge) a day without brushing and still have fresh breath. I found that after I ate these carby meals, my breath would start to smell soon after and HOMAGAWD i'd wake up in the morning feeling like a rat crawled into my mouth and died there. Not to mention plaque buildup which i never have eating lower carb paleo.

pabs is offline Senior Member
    And also, I was born in, and have spent more than half of my life in Malaysia. Boy do a lot of people have funky morning breath there. It is most definitely diet related.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Do you floss regularly?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Okay that is interesting pabs.
    I've never needed to floss because my breath has never smelled.

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    Flossing in the morning, before bed time and eating gum is pretty much fixing any dental problems for me
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    What "simple carbs" ? Processed sugars?

Are you eating home prepared foods ?( stuff you make and know what is in them)

How about fish, veg, white steamed/boiled rice ( no junk oils), fruit. No wheat based noodles.

TanyaV is offline Senior Member
    How are your allergies doing in Singapore? I've noticed that allergies can lead to post nasal drip which can give bad breath regardless of brushing.
    www.feedtheclan.com

Check out my blog to see how a family of four eats real, whole foods on $85/week