Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primal Failure? :/ page 3

Glass0wl is offline Member
    Per primal, I and my mates from work would do lunch a couple of times a week. Very hard to begin with but now I can laugh and joke eg I adore deserts and am allergic to chocolate so 80%cocoa would put me in ICU so now I ask for: "apple pie and cream only hold the apple pie" this creates hilarity but gives me a bowl of cream! Which I can make last a good 10 minutes.
    I also order burger etc and tell the waiter to hold the bun and fries just give me the burger and salad.
    It works, gives my mates and I something to giggle at and reduces any stress in the situation.
    And I don't feel hungry and I am having lunch with friends
    It is possible and if you can remove the stress it does get easier. First time I did it I felt an idiot now however I am not the only one in the group doing it

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Per primal, I and my mates from work would do lunch a couple of times a week. Very hard to begin with but now I can laugh and joke eg I adore deserts and am allergic to chocolate so 80%cocoa would put me in ICU so now I ask for: "apple pie and cream only hold the apple pie" this creates hilarity but gives me a bowl of cream! Which I can make last a good 10 minutes.
    I also order burger etc and tell the waiter to hold the bun and fries just give me the burger and salad.
    It works, gives my mates and I something to giggle at and reduces any stress in the situation.
    And I don't feel hungry and I am having lunch with friends
    It is possible and if you can remove the stress it does get easier. First time I did it I felt an idiot now however I am not the only one in the group doing it
    That's it! You're locked in. It's only weird until it's normal to be weird.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loafingcactus View Post
    If you don't plan ahead how you are going to deal with situations to eat differently, you will fall into your old routines ("Failing to plan is planning to fail."). So if you really want this vacation to be different, you have to start thinking now how that is going to work. Meal by meal, situation by situation, what are you going to do?
    This. Exactly this. You have to "what-if" yourself to death before you go so you know exactly how to handle every situation. You may need to bring a cooler.

Also, isn't there a campfire treat called banana boats? Bananas, chocolate and marshmallows wrapped in foil and melted in the campfire or something like that? I have never had them, but I'd say if you're going to splurge, banana boats might be the answer next time you are camping. At least there's fruit in there instead of graham crackers. In any case, this is an example of planning a way to handle every situation with an alternate that won't leave you unhappy.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I agree with the sentiment that you only fail if you ultimately fail. There seems to be a rhythm to changing something as fundamental as one's diet. It's not like quitting one bad habit.

For some of us it was ditching wheat and bad oils first. Then some our favorites had to go - processed foods that made our lives easier (let's face it, switching from a jar of mayo to making one's own is a pain in the ass at first). Then trying to source better food, which can mean no longer shopping at one super store, but having to go here for one thing, there for another, finding stuff online, etc. It's kind of like a learning curve.

Then one day, it just clicks. The right amount of sardines get delivered on the first of every month, you know which market to go to for the goat guy, which online and local suppliers suit you, etc. A few months go by and you realize that this way of eating really is a way of life. So then, if you end up in a situation where you even pig out on non-primal goodies, you know it's not a fail, just a temporary step off the path.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Kj94 is offline Junior Member
    Well, so far today has been going good. Last night not so much after getting off the plane BUT I didn't binge

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Timthetaco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Most of this permissive, laziness worship must be coming from neurotypicals, am I right? I try to parrot it sometimes, but it's getting to be too much lately. e.g. "Oh, have a pile of trans fat once a week, who cares, you're going to die anyway, right?" We've got to put the breaks on this monster, seriously. how hard is it to avoid poisonous things? I mean, pack some nuts and jerky, better to fast than eat a twinkie, people.
    That stands in serious contrast to your post about how you eat wheat occasionally because it's not going to kill you.

???

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    And, as was mentioned above, eat a LOT of real food so you don't want much else. By "real" I mean basically anything with positive health benefits. So a whole bar of (dark, real) chocolate chased with two cups of berries is on the menu! Better than fake chocolate with kool-aid, etc. Actually, it's very, very much better in ways we're just begining to grasp.

Yes very much, this.

Greed is good.

If you're at the fast food joint, don't get burger fries and shake. Get 2 plain burgers. Still hungry? Get a 3rd why not. If they have mini pats of butter, scoff a few as you go past.

Pig out on the good stuff.

That stands in serious contrast to your post about how you eat wheat occasionally because it's not going to kill you.
    Right. That's what I'm trying to say. So many very loud, candy-loving, donut-eating, pill-popping people have joined the forum lately that it's almost dangerous to tell the truth anymore, so I have to lie a little to get any cred at all. It's very evil.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Read "The Primal Blueprint".
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey, good book. Written by some guy, Mark something-or-other, seems to know his stuff. Maybe FOLLOW the book, too. :P

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast