Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digestion compromised after food poisoning ... page 2

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i sympathise- i had a bout of Campylobacter a few weeks back- diagnosed by specimen as we aren't allowed to work with an undiagnosed diarrhoea. It took over 3 weeks to return to normal and bowels still arent quite right with odd grumblings. i gather 'real' foodpoisoning is quite traumatic for the gut and your good bacteria get ejected along with the food poisoning one. a pro-biotic has helped a lot -i've also had to be real careful with veg and meat. fish is suiting me better at the moment. things that are harder to digest seem to keep my gut rumbling!
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Things have just not been normal since I had this infection. I find that I flip flop from constipation to diarrhea a lot of the time nowadays. I am going to have to get really serious about recolonizing my gut as well as doing digestive enzymes for a while ... I occasionally get the burning reflux sensation still.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12