Thread: Kaiser Permanente Recommends Vegan Diet For Health, yikes!!! page

Moochy is offline Senior Member

Kaiser Permanente Recommends Vegan Diet For Health, yikes!!!

Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I left a comment:

"Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Horrible news. That's my HMO.

"low-sodium, plant-based diet that excluded all animal products and refined sugars and limited bread, rice, potatoes, and tortillas to a single daily serving. He was advised to consume unlimited nonstarchy vegetables, legumes, and beans, in addition to up to 2 ounces of nuts and seeds daily. He was also asked to begin exercising 15 minutes twice a day.

The very small good here is that they're limiting bread and tortillas.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Face/palm. That's my HMO, too.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Obamacare
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

peril is offline Senior Member
    Non sequitur
    Last edited by peril; 07-06-2013 at 01:09 AM. Reason: sp
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I've got KP. They're excellent and they don't bother me since my test results and everything is perfect. I just ignore the junk mail. It's no better or worse than what the media pushes us to do honestly.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    I have to gripe about this again. I have familial hypercholesterolemia and this means the doctors are going to be on me like glue.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I have KP too. I mostly ignore them. Their advice to me was hat my diet was not the cause of my problems and handed me more narcotics. Thankfully I discovered my problem was nightshades and have not been back for years

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    "low-sodium, plant-based diet that excluded all animal products and refined sugars and limited bread, rice, potatoes, and tortillas to a single daily serving. He was advised to consume unlimited nonstarchy vegetables, legumes, and beans, in addition to up to 2 ounces of nuts and seeds daily. He was also asked to begin exercising 15 minutes twice a day.
    Sounds like the Joel Fuhrman thing? I hope they don't expect more than a vanishing handful to stick to it lifelong.

If I'm moderately active and eat about 2300 kcal...
    2 oz. almonds = ~300
    1 medium potato = ~200

That leaves ~1800 kcal worth of lentils which is 7.75 cups or 3.5 pounds cooked. With no salt I couldn't finish that on a dare. Not sure if they allow fruit, but that's still about 2000 kcal per day of antinutrient-rich plant seeds. Eep.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list