Thread: Carb cycling question page

cindy01 is offline Member

Carb cycling question

Primal Fuel
    I am planning on a carb refeed day every few days on workout days. On a refeed day I'm planning on eating 250-300g carbs, low fat and moderate protein.

On my rest days I wanna switch to high fat, like 150g, 50g carbs and moderate protein.

My question is, should my calories be lower on a rest/high fat day? I'm planning on hitting 2000 cals on a workout day but I've noticed on high fat I can eat those 2000 cals and still lose... so if I'm going that low carb is a calorie deficit still necessary?

Do you think the low/high carb switching method is effective? Or does it really just come to calories?

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by cindy01 View Post
    I am planning on a carb refeed day every few days on workout days. On a refeed day I'm planning on eating 250-300g carbs, low fat and moderate protein.

On my rest days I wanna switch to high fat, like 150g, 50g carbs and moderate protein.

My question is, should my calories be lower on a rest/high fat day? I'm planning on hitting 2000 cals on a workout day but I've noticed on high fat I can eat those 2000 cals and still lose... so if I'm going that low carb is a calorie deficit still necessary?

Do you think the low/high carb switching method is effective? Or does it really just come to calories?
    It just comes down to calories. I follow somewhat of a carb cycling protocol just because it feels natural to me, not because it's going to give me any sort of metabolic advantage over keeping the carb intake the same each day. Just go by feel and find what works best for you. Also, I eat a bit more on training days because I have more of an appetite, and as a result, I eat a bit less on rest days.

Again, experiment and find what gives you the best results.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog: