Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did you remember to exercise your brain? page 3

10 Bears is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Hee!

Thanks for the comments, don't worry, I'm well aware of PhD-Hell as several of my friends and colleagues have been through it. I'm currently a lecturer and academic advisor to 3 universities, so its about time I took the step to the next level but it requires my full time attention - so change of career and become what my brother in law refers to as a 'professional student!' I have watched a colleague complete his PhD part time over the last 6 years and I have seen him suffer first hand and I knew that wasn't the approach for me! He submitted his thesis a few weeks ago and will find out on Monday (15.07.13) if he has been successful.

My area of research is the use of high-end, emergent technologies such as remote sensing and sensor arrays to aid the environmental management - so actually not a million miles away from your subject area. My main interests are in trees and associated vegetation.
    Fortune Favours the Brave

I can only talk from my acquired knowledge and experiences. You may have a different view or experience and I will respect that. Please respect mine.

Cyborcat is online now Senior Member
    There's a Nintendo DS game called Brain Age that's really good for exercising your brain. My husband used to play it a lot (he has a bad memory and concentration issues and figured it'd help--I think it did somewhat), and got me hooked on it for awhile.
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    I like to play chess against my computer. It usually ends like this, though.

In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    I've been trying to learn French for about 6 years now. I don't study as much as I should, but I am hoping it helps my brain in the long run.
    Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
    Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
    "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
    "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
    "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

MudLily is offline Senior Member
    Dans ce cas, vous devez déménager en France. Il est plus facile d'apprendre une langue avec la méthode d'immersion totale.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123