Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did you remember to exercise your brain? page 2

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Dualingo looks very cool. In my work I used to often speak Spanish, but it was "kitchen Spanish" and now I don't even do that so it would be fun to take it up again.

I'm going to check out the links 10bears posted. We have a 15 yr. old that is unschooled and he and I often learn things together.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Dude. You take quite a few swipes at your "goddess" (your word, not mine) here
    haha guilty, but in this case it is more like an easier way of saying, "I try and comprehend the incomprehensible reconcilition of competing natural forces in an otherwise harmonious looking collective." It isn't meant to be like a, "women have stupid feelings" thing.

that's not exercise, its just torment.
    women's feelings aren't to be understood just pandered to
    haha and whence comes this entitlement?
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    haha and whence comes this entitlement?
    its in the rule book- don't tell me you've never read it!
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I play sudoku, I read around a book a day, and I write book reviews for my own personal amusement to keep my thoughts in line.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    I took up a part time course of study to change my career.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    its in the rule book- don't tell me you've never read it!
    Haha a friend gave me a copy of a book called, "Everything Men Know About Women" or something.

It has a sweet cover and reviews on the back, and looks legit, but is in fact just 200 blank pages.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    Hahaha

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefgrry View Post
    play freecell and research a topic of interest
    well i'm sorry (not) my comment irritated you. perhaps giving your reasons why might be helpful.
    There are many positive ways to increase your post count but this isn't one of them
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

wiltondeportes Guest
    Brain games are fun, but they don't make you smarter or help you stay smart if you're aging. Just sayin'...

Mark's idea totally works along the lines of staying busy by learning and being creative.

MudLily is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Starting a PhD, huh? I have one, too. Remember that perserverance is key, and more important to finishing than intelligence (but more of the latter certainly helps). And when you feel like you are hopelessly incompetent and just barely hiding it from your advisor, remember that all the other grad students feel that way too but won't talk about it.

What field are you in? I do surficial processes geology in marshes and esutaries. I.e. mud, hence the forum name.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast