Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simulfactotem - doing many things at once page 2

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    If you live long enough, that may just happen spontaneously.
    Really? Interesting. Wonder what that would feel like
    nihil

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Really? Interesting. Wonder what that would feel like
    I have no idea, but if I live that long, I promise I'll email you. lol
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    your nature ride with coffee sounds lovely and I think it's great to feel overwhelmed with gratitude for one's many blessings. However, on the whole I would vote for one thing at a time. I don't even like background music much, but leave the house quiet when I am home alone.

Except perhaps walking and talking Had a beautiful walk with my dd yesterday and we talked almost the whole way. Then we sat on a log and watched the waves and birds etc without talking. Very very nice.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Definitely not, except in some cases listening to music while doing something else. I don't consider drinking coffee or tea while watching a video or on the internet as multitasking.

One thing at a time allows me to 'go into it' which is very pleasurable to me.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I know that when I put a call into my mother once a week that I'll be on
    there no less than 90 minutes, so I make sure my kitchen is NICE AND DIRTY
    (which is always, ahem) before I call her.

She's 70, so the Usual Topics are: Weather, Illness (other people's), Neighbors,
    Books and Movies. Every.Single.Time. Sometimes some small anecdotes about her
    childhood. The.Same.Ones.Every.Time. Not MY childhood... but hers... I'm pretty
    sure mine never existed. I think I was born and adult... but anyway, not bitter.

Moving on - SO! When I'm done having her talk at me for the 90 minutes, my kitchen
    is sparkly clean and I have NO IDEA who did it!

I usually blame it on the cat when my husband gets home.

"Look honey! The cat cleaned the kitchen again!"

and he usually replies "oh, nice, how long were you on the phone with
    your mother -this- time?"

What? What are you talking about? IT WAS THE CAT.

Anyway, so that's what I like to do when I'm on the phone with my mother.... otherwise,
    if I have nothing to clean or no laundry to put away.. I would usually put away a bottle of
    wine instead.

Cleaning for the win. Snort.

Curiously, my mother hates it when I'm cleaning whilst talking to her; "honey, what
    are you doing?" She wants my undivided attention to her superfluous rhetoric. So I have
    to remind her "hey, either you listen to me clean, while my two kids are out playing, or
    you have to get interrupted 500 times while they're IN the house, because when you pick
    up the phone to answer it, or call someone, your 8yo and 11yo become helpless infants that
    can't do shit for themselves and neeeeeeeeeeeeed something about every five seconds.

She ultimately chose the cleaning.....

Julia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12