Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teach us to care and not to care ! page 2

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yes Warmbear, I was VLC for a couple of years, then went ZC for jsut under 2 years, did I lose weight, yes I was the lowest weight ever (117lb) but it wasn't sustainable for me, I gained it all back with some more.
    I want to do this hack for 3 days, so one more day, I know its not sustainable either, am not stupid you know! but just like meat fast/fat fast or alternative day fasting, its something one does now and again to kick start and change habits, its not a woe.
    In addition I have been doing VLC for so long now, I want to reset my body and get it used to eating startch again, even if I don't lose any weight at all on the hack, if my body gets used to eating carbs and not gain, I will be happy.

Perhaps I shouldn't document what I want to do here as people seem to be critical.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Not critical as such so much as concerned. We dont have all the info and can only go with what info you provide and then guess how to help. Eating primal is not just about vlc or zc. in fact I dare say that is not it at all. Mark suggests for weight loss that 50 to 75 g carbs a day be your target for a reason. So your body can learn to balance its hormones and nutritional needs.

Going vlc works for some folks definitely does not for me. Folks are all over the map on this but really is it healthy to do vlc/zc long term? I doubt it. I hope such a fast reintroduction of starches does not make you miserable 'cause man it would ruin my day.

The whole point of going primal is to live with optimal health and your hormones do require that you eat a good supply of balanced nutrition. I cant do that VLC, maybe you can.

I generally dont criticize folks but I do try to suggest caution and slowing down.

Hope this works for you.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    If your lowest weight was 117 lbs, I assume you are female. Can you tell us how old you are and how much you weight now and what you would like to be?

What is the rest of your life like? stress, exercise, sleep, play? Yes I am nosy but if we can know you better we can help better.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today I found naturally flavoured spring water sweetened with stevia, so had that instead of a diet drink - stevia haven't caused me issues up to now, and if I keep it to one drink it should be OK I hope.

For my lunch I had 2 med potatoes with salad, I just find adding the veg to potato is a lot more satisfying. Dinner wanted to do the same thing i.e. potato and veg, but was too lazy and ended up having a jacket potato - size was a bit smaller than large.
    I am really happy I am able to eat the potato without having a lot of ill effect, i.e not ballooning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12