Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much soda did you used to drink? page

Knifegill is offline Senior Member

How much soda did you used to drink?

Primal Fuel
    In the depths of my addiction I frequently destroyed 2 liters a day. It scares me to think it, but I'm sure some of us were drinking even more. Just wondering how bad YOU were hooked.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    woah! i used to go through 4 litres a week and i can't believe it now.

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    I stopped drinking soda back in 6th grade, when my brother got a kidney infection from swimming and drinking tons of soda and not enough water. To my 12 year old brain, it seemed logical to stop drinking soda, since it did nothing good for me and I didn't drink enough water. Because I made that decision at the wonderful age when one forms life-long habits, I haven't drank any since!

sauerKraut is offline Member
    yeah as a kid I lived on Iced Tea...about 2 liters a day sounds right.

ironically I'm back to drinking some Coke now. very rarely, but it helps when I'm out and don't want to drink alcohol.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    2 litres a day for me too, zero sugar
    Last edited by CarbDodger; 07-05-2013 at 02:43 AM.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Actually I hardly had any diet soda until I started LC and VLC - I had no energy and felt so week and needed the pick me up, then starting IFing made it worse, I needed something sweet, fizzy and some caffeine in it to get me through the day... same with coffee, I never drank coffee/decaf until I started the LC journey 10 years ago, I know most LC diets says no caffeine, but I just had not energy, and reading post on Lyle McDonald who recommended caffeine, made me think maybe I should drink it, initially I couldn't stand coffee, so I had to drink caffeine in the form of diet coke.

Once I started the addiction, it was hard to quit, I keep quitting then back on it again!!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    before giving it up, I would say probably one of the regular bottles (not the 2l) per day.

but, after giving it up, it's a very rare thing, and i go for fizzy water or a fermented soda.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    0 before primal, 0 since.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Not daily. If I went to a store that had (I can't remember the name) these skinny bottles of 0 calories sour soda, I'd buy a bunch, drink them up, then not think about it. However, I used to drink Crystal Lite quite a bit before primal and as a treat after primal. Finally said screw it, and I've been aspartame free since May 18th.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Umm my nutrition calculator says 2 liters of Coke is 234g of sugar! Some estimates I've seen were that paleo man got 15g a day. So that's like a 16x variance.

I think we just solved the obesity, diabetes, attention deficit disorder epidemics.

Next...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast