Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: How much soda did you used to drink? page 7

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've thankfully never liked it - I tried Coca Cola when I was about 7, and it came back up again immediately - so I was never tempted to try anything along those lines again! I now count myself particularly lucky!!

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Mmm, not much really. Perhaps a cup a week, including fruit juices (some of which contains more sugar then coke). Now, zero.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    For anyone still drinking Pepsi... the caramel coloring they use is linked to cancer.

Coke has switched to a different one, and Pepsi has switched for the product that they sell in California... but not the rest of the U. S. yet.
    Coke Changed Caramel Color To Avoid Cancer Warning; Pepsi In Transition : The Salt : NPR

The Coke and Pepsi products sold in Europe have long had to meet these stricter guidelines.

I haven't been drinking sodas, or anything fizzy other than flavored mineral waters(rare) or fermented stuff like water kefir, for years... but I was certainly raised drinking them. Never more than 2-3 cans a day myself and that would have been on a weekend during socializing rather than normal consumption. MY step-mother(ex now) was a full fledged diet-coke junkie though often going through a 12pk a day at least for years. I don't think she really drank water at all. She opened a bottle or popped a can of diet coke as soon as she woke up. She had kidney issues on and off, and I think she still drinks quite a few a day though not near that many.
    You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

mike is offline Senior Member

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    I could easily drink 2 litres or more...
    I still can drink a lot, but I just do it much more rarely these days. Haven't gotten to the point where I can stay 100% away from it yet.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I never drank more than a can a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleo0731 View Post
    The force is strong with this one.
    Years back I worked in an office where I could drink a diet soda when I got hungry in the morning as my "snack". After a while I realized it was making me feel bad and stopped it.

My present boyfriend is into Code Red. He thought I could stand to gain weight, or maybe he was just being nice and buying me a "treat" when he was in the convenience store anyway. So up until last spring, when I started my weight loss journey, he would buy me a 20oz Pepsi and a bag of cheese potato chips. I would drink half the Pepsi and eat half the bag of chips and put them away for the next day. Not only did I not need the calories, but I was reacting to something in the chips. I felt like I was more addicted to the chips than the Pepsi.

So even one can a day was too much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Let me ask a weird question; does zero calorie soda lead to insulin being released?

There are always these people, you know, trying to diet and drinking zero calorie soda. Not sure why, what's in there??
    I decided to run an experiment. I bought a 20oz bottle of regular Pepsi and a 20oz bottle of diet Pepsi. The plan was to monitor my blood glucose after I drank the regular Pepsi, then drink the diet Pepsi and compare.

I did drink the regular Pepsi and I have the data. I keep looking at the diet Pepsi and finding excuses not to drink it.

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Never been a fan of pop (soda) not even as a kid. Beer however.....tut tut.

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    ~1 liter/day until I found out that it accounted for the fat I was gaining monthly..
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post

I decided to run an experiment. I bought a 20oz bottle of regular Pepsi and a 20oz bottle of diet Pepsi. The plan was to monitor my blood glucose after I drank the regular Pepsi, then drink the diet Pepsi and compare.

I did drink the regular Pepsi and I have the data. I keep looking at the diet Pepsi and finding excuses not to drink it.
    youll quite probably find your blood sugar drops a bit- sweet things in the mouth provoke an insulin response, most artificial sweeteners don't raise blood sugar but because of the sweetener insulin is released but has nothing to process; a carb craving is often the result, i do use artificial sweeteners but only when I eat now
    splenda, though, does raise my BS - god knows what sucralose actually is
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    youll quite probably find your blood sugar drops a bit- sweet things in the mouth provoke an insulin response, most artificial sweeteners don't raise blood sugar but because of the sweetener insulin is released but has nothing to process; a carb craving is often the result, i do use artificial sweeteners but only when I eat now
    splenda, though, does raise my BS - god knows what sucralose actually is
    Sorry can we break this down.

Insulin is released just by thinking about sweets, or by eating something that tastes sweets even though it contains no sugar, right? Is that a natural thing to release a bunch of insulin and then have nothing to process? You're saying the existence of insulin (with nothing to process) makes you want to eat some carbs, so it has something to process?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast