Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: How much soda did you used to drink? page 6

Paleo0731 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I never drank more than a can a day.
    The force is strong with this one.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Let me ask a weird question; does zero calorie soda lead to insulin being released?

There are always these people, you know, trying to diet and drinking zero calorie soda. Not sure why, what's in there??

Rig D is offline Member
    Lots of Coca Cola! It was my weakness, never the diet variety. I used to go to Speedway and get their huge drink. I craved the sweetness/carbonation combo that it gave and it was an amazing pleasure to suck it down. Been off the stuff now for over a year. We bought some Coke to serve as a mixer for our bourbon last week, I tried some "straight" and almost gagged on it. My taste buds have really, really shifted.

rcav8r is offline Senior Member
    For a long time, starting way back when I started atkins, I drank diet rite, which used splenda, a supposedly safe sweetner at the time. Zero caffiene too. Started tasting bland after awhile though.

dirk41 is offline Senior Member
    I used to drink probably the equivalent of 4 cans a day. Would have soda with just about every meal (except breakfast, but I was rarely eating breakfast back then).

Haven't had a soda in about 1.5 years now. Never have a craving for it. I drink only milk and water.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Let me ask a weird question; does zero calorie soda lead to insulin being released?

There are always these people, you know, trying to diet and drinking zero calorie soda. Not sure why, what's in there??
    Not sure, but I remember gaining a little weight on diet Rockstars...

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Lil Beastie is offline Junior Member
    Hi, new here (as if the post-count wasn't obvious), hope ya don't mind if I bounce in.

I never, or very rarely, drank sodas as a kid. When I became a teenager and had an allowance, I drank it a lot more often. Then I got a job and drank it pretty much on a daily basis, 2-sometimes 3- 20oz bottles at a time. And because I lived in the South at the time, I drank RC. Love RC. Switched over to Diet RC when I started watching my sugar levels.

Now that I've gone Primal (just over a month, yay!) and I'm eating better, I've only had three of the Mexi-Cokes. They start a massive sugar craving in me, sadly. I've moved a zillion and one times and now that I'm in the South West, it's hard to find my beloved RC. The Diet Rite just tastes bland. Typically I use what little Diet RC I can find as a treat (it's how I've managed to make a 12pk last for 6 months).

Growing up, though, my Mum drank nothing but Diet Dr Pepper. She's stopped drinking it now (the aspartame makes her mean and she's had blackouts) and Dad's got her on regular Pepsi. I associate the smell of Dr Pepper with my Mum, because that's what she always smelled like. I can't stand the stuff myself, but my Sister drinks it and anytime I'm at her house and that's all she's got I tip some cinnamon extract in it.
    Melony
    Gluten-free, Sugar-free, working on Grain-free!
    Primal since June 1st, 2013, and feeling good.

Quies is offline Senior Member
    Before high school, I mostly drank sodas as a treat when we ate out. During high school I was put on some medications that made me drowsy all the time so I gradually ramped up to 3 liters/day of coke trying to stay functional. After high school I quit the medications and gradually got myself down to 12-36oz of sugar cokes per day. Now I only have one sugar coke occasionally as a treat and only when I'm working, otherwise the sugar makes me jittery. Never did like the taste of diet sodas and aspartame was always a fast track to a headache.

mike is offline Senior Member
    None. When I met my (now) wife she was always on me about how bad that stuff is for you so I quit drinking it. Can't go near the stuff these days.

kiks is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    i grew up drinking lots of coke, pepsi, dr pepper - maybe on average 3 cans a day during childhood...i never had a taste for the diet ones. This continued into adulthood...back then i loved the sweetness, but mostly loved the fizziness of sodas. Then a few years back (before i even heard of paleo) I found flavored seltzer water in cans, so i was able to fulfill that soda desire but without any sugar or aspartame. Now i don't drink even those. These days maybe i'll have one or two cans of sprite a month when i'm out.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast