Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How much soda did you used to drink? page 3

Altair is offline Junior Member
    At the height of my Coke addiction I was probably pounding back 3 or 4 cans a day, at least. I've quit cold turkey quite a few times, but the cravings are there.

For me, its the carbonation I really crave -- perhaps try Perrier or one of the other carbonated waters?

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Usually a can/day, either Coke or Dt DrP. Gave it up about three years ago due to tooth sensitivity, and now it's a rare treat. I did have some Mexican coke in calimochos recently, and it was AWESOME. I'd rather have soda water or kombucha most of the time.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    For me, its the carbonation I really crave -- perhaps try Perrier or one of the other carbonated waters?
    I make my own kombucha for the fizzies. I need it too. I can give up sweet and all the other addictions, but I need the fizzy! In a pinch, seltzer water some juice might do - but I haven't tried it...

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Primalsaber is offline Member
    Being in high school, my definition of fun was usually eating. Granted, I drank diet, but me and my friends would head to Burger King or some kind of pizza place and whatnot to play our Playstation Portables. I would literally drink 5 large refills (probably 1.5 liters right there or so) and then go home and drink half a two liter, maybe more. I also had one of those massive refillable soda cups for a gas station (like 52+ oz.) which I refilled almost daily. Did that kind of thing 4-6 times a week. I honestly carried my soda addiction into the beginning of my primal days, but in the last 4 months or so haven't had any. Now that I'm more serious about working out, it gives me headaches when I drink it (and even if I'm not working out sometimes). I'm feeling better without it.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I maybe had soda once every few weeks. That's until I tried the <30 g carbs & no fruit allowed. Then I would easily drink 500-750 mL of diet soda a day.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Might be a generational thing. I grew up in the three squares, "don't ruin your appetite with candy," era.
    Ah, childhood memories of not being permitted to spoil my appetite before dinner. The only things I was permitted if I was hungry in that window of time were raw vegetable sticks.

Nowadays, people snack constantly. There is no window of time when snacking is considered inappropriate. When I was a kid, people just didn't snack between meals. Being hungry between meals was considered the exception, rather than the rule. Kids didn't eat constantly in school. Nobody figured something horrible would happen if somebody had to wait until the end of the hour to eat something.

I've read that 90% of surplus calories consumed by Americans can be attributed to snacking.

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeldingHank View Post
    2 liters/day? Weak. I was easily downing a cube (24pk) a day of dew.
    Holy Hara!! I thought my six-pack of dew a day was a lot. Never could tolerate the diet stuff. Didn't like the 'aftertaste' of the aspartame.

Now it all tastes like syrup to me. Although, I did try that Mt Dew Throw-back a while ago and that was the real taste that I remember loving so much.
    Last edited by AuroraB; 07-05-2013 at 09:24 AM.

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    Holy Hara!! I thought my six-pack of dew a day was a lot. Never could tolerate the diet stuff. Didn't like the 'aftertaste' of the aspartame.

Now it all tastes like syrup to me. Although, I did try that Mt Dew Throw-back a while ago and that was the real taste that I remember loving so much.
    It was no wonder I weighed 450+lbs

Dulcimina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    At the height of my Coke addiction I was probably pounding back 3 or 4 cans a day, at least. I've quit cold turkey quite a few times, but the cravings are there.

Me too. It got worse when I went low carb. I have a SodaStream for fizzy water, and make my own kombucha. Occasionally, indulge in a coke zero when I haven't slept well the night before. That's why sleep has been such a big primal focus for me.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Woah, Knifegill. That's a lot of soda.

I didn't like soda. I only liked diet but diet Coke has caffeine and I don't like to have caffeine past morning. They never have diet soda at restaurants that isn't diet Coke or Pepsi. So sometimes I'd get diet 7-up at home, but not often.

Oddly our parrot LOVES diet 7-up. She'll do almost anything to get it.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast