Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feels like I'm starving! (obviously not though) page 2

Dumisanismith is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Banana's..these are the solution to curb the hunger instantaneously...just eat 4 or 5 of them and you are good to go with your day../..a glass of milk with them works absolutely wonder..

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    christ,you do not need 5 or 6 bananas a day. 6 medium = 600+ calories and 160 carbs. you want to lose carb hunger and feeding yourself lots of them wont help.

it takes a bit to get changed over from high carb- its actually a massive change so don't be impatient with yourself. You will get there- it took me 2 weeks. if you need a portion of potato- eat it-just don't pig out, you'll be able to cut it out if you want in a few weeks. it does get a lot easier by the way but dropping the grain is the most important starting point. you can clean up when you're through the initial change.
    Last edited by CarbDodger; 07-05-2013 at 01:30 AM.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

L0kI is offline Senior Member
    I think this might also reflect cravings. If your body was very used to eating a lot of carbs, it's probably wading through all the nutritious food you're eating looking for it's quick sugar fix and when it's not there... "HANGRY".

I found I was hungry and VERY thirsty for about 2-3 weeks. I gradually reduced my enormous water consumption over that time (I add lemon and lime to the water and find I'm less likely to chug it).

Anyway, what I'm getting at, is you might just be adapting to this... try not to cave into the craving, but I wouldn't worry about the sweet potato. As long as you're not feeding this "hunger" with grains or refined sugars, I would do whatever you need to do to adhere to the diet (primal foods, not necessarily macro ratios), and let things calm down and even out.

(I think it might be a matter of waiting it out, while being nice to yourself)

little vase is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by L0kI View Post
    (I think it might be a matter of waiting it out, while being nice to yourself)
    Yes. This. Just eat good stuff for now, and worry about tweaking later, when you're no longer contemplating devouring horses

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Jump all the way in (to get rid of the cravings) and eat more fats. Fats are wonderfully filling and give you more energy.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbiePrimal View Post
    Snack/Lunch was several celery sticks with generous amounts of almond butter
    You're hungry but only eat this for lunch?
    Eat on top of that 2 or 3 boiled eggs - still hungry? eat more eggs and maybe meat/fish

I found I started naturally/intentionally over-eating ( especially protien /fats) then would back it off weeks later as my appetite naturally decreased.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Feed your body lots of nutritious foods and it will stop "asking" for non-nutritious foods. It may take a while for it to "believe" that you're going to continue truly feeding it what it needs. For now, give yourself permission to eat as much whole, nutrient-dense foods as it takes for you not to feel deprived, and see if the appetite normalizes over the next several weeks.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbiePrimal View Post
    I'm eating a fair amount. For example, today breakfast was some porkshoulder, broccoli and carrots. Snack/Lunch was several celery sticks with generous amounts of almond butter, supper was pork shoulder(gave myself a large amount) sweet potatoe, and carrots. I've been eating about like that, but for the most part have been gorging on meat. (I will put half a plate of meat down) Ironically, before this diet I would eat smaller pieces of meat and larger amounts of veggies/other carbs.
    Celery is not a meal. It's barely food IMO. If you're hungry at lunch time, eat a meal with plenty of fat.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

L0kI is offline Senior Member
    Ha! Barely a food indeed... it can be a food carrier, or perhaps medicinal, but celery as a food is for rabbits (or some vegetarian animal... I don't really know if rabbits can eat celery).

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    I feel must speak up in defence of celery, and no-its not a meal, but I love it, that delicious crunchy saltiness. Admittedly i slather mine with pate or fish and so on. Its even got that wonderful shape that makes it ideal to fill with good stuff.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast