Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi, Im Darah a 15 year old girl. page

Andarah is offline Junior Member

Hi, Im Darah a 15 year old girl.

Shop Now
    Hello everybody,

My name is Annemaaike, but some people call me by my second name Darah, which is easier for english speaking people to pronounce I guess.
    I think I am a great deal younger than most people here(15 years). I am homeschooled what gives me the space to get to know a lot about the things I'm interested in. One of this things I'm interested in is health. I know a great deal about chinese medicine, espesially about what they say about food. And I did a study acupressure. But being homeschooled also gives me the opportunity to be a lot around nature, and discover that there is a lot of wisdom from our ancesters which can help us now.(including social subjects, food, medicine, religion) Because our ancesters (but also still some tribes right now), had really a way of living that did not harm earth in any way, they were part of nature itself. And then I thought: 'what if I want to live a whole day from the food that's around me outside' And I realized I wasn't able to do that without killing an animal, which was of course not an option. So I used google to look for diets that said how you could live without (extremely) cultivated food. And then I found the paleo diet. And it was a wonderfull discovery for me. I had problems with my digestion already for maby two years. I had a heavy feeling in my stomach a lot of the time , and I was eating herbs which helped me when I had that, but it couldn't prefent the pain. But I realized that the paleo diet could help me. And the first thing I did was stopping with eating wheat. And I still after 1,5 years don't eat it. And I have no digestion problems any more. I have had one complete paleo day which worked really good for me. And sometimes I have a paleo meal. And i am interested in eating completely paleo, because it's the most pure and natural way of eating I can think of. But it's hard for me to know how to put the things I read on the internet in practice, so I do have some questions about that. But maby it's a good idea to ask them later, because my story is already really long (sorry for that). I'm from Holland by the way.

Thank you so much for reading.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Hi Darah,

Welcome to the board. Our family homeschools too.

I hope you find it interesting.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Hi Darah,

Our 15 yr old son eats primal (includes dairy) and is home schooled. Glad you found your way to this forum.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Darah. We have had other 15 year olds, some very sick from bad diet. I hope you will stay to greet other 15 year olds.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Darah. Your story is not too long at all. (Breaking it into several paragraphs would help.) In fact, tell us more about what you eat and other things about your lifestyle.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Hi Darah. It's good to see another 15 year old on here i wish you luck with paleo. It is quite confusing to know exactly what's right for you: but, this forum is great, and at least we've found this way of life early on.
    Maybe I always knew/my fragile dreams would be broken

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    2 very pretty names by the way. welcome and congratulations for focusing on health so early in life; you are going to be awesome
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Thank you everybody for welcoming me. What I can tell more about what I eat is that I have eaten organic, fresh and sugerfree all of my life. So I was already eating healty as far as possible with eating 'normal'. And I still do that, or maby even more.
    But what bothers me with the paleo diet is that you have to eat a lot of meat and and also a lot of eggs. Eating so much meat isn't very healthy for our planet right now.
    And sometimes I just have the feeling that the egg comsupmtion with paleo is really to much. I can't eat 15 eggs in a week, just because our chickens are not able to lay that many eggs. I know that Siberian reindeer nomads are a dominant part of my ancestors. And they were eating a lot of reindeer meat. But they had so many animals for every person, that it wasn't a problem to eat one reindeer a week with one family for example. Now there are living to many humans for that. If everyone, or even a big part of the world would eat as much meat as paleo people, maby that wouldn't even be possible. The earth would be to small.
    But of course you must be a little egoistic towards other people , but not towards the earth.
    Maby you can tell me what you are thinking about this.

Thank you.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    you don't have to eat vast quantities of meat nor eggs really - there's enough room to tailor the nutrition to what you want. You are right though that if everyone in the world ate this way it wouldn't be sustainable but the nutrition isn't the problem there ,the population is. There are just too many people! look up 'population matters' -its interesting reading
    personally I think what's worse for the world is what we waste. when I ate bread for example I would throw away generally about half of it as it wasn't fresh, I always bought more fruit and veg than i used and would end up binning it. I actually waste nothing now as I only buy what I will use and no longer impulse buy. I am trying to lower my footprint that way
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    you don't have to eat vast quantities of meat nor eggs really - there's enough room to tailor the nutrition to what you want. You are right though that if everyone in the world ate this way it wouldn't be sustainable but the nutrition isn't the problem there ,the population is. There are just too many people! look up 'population matters' -its interesting reading
    personally I think what's worse for the world is what we waste. when I ate bread for example I would throw away generally about half of it as it wasn't fresh, I always bought more fruit and veg than i used and would end up binning it. I actually waste nothing now as I only buy what I will use and no longer impulse buy. I am trying to lower my footprint that way
    But if I don't eat meat or eggs, what can I eat that is paleo? When it has to be a complete meal. I do have a couple of paleo things I do make sometimes like: banana pancackes, apple cinamon muffins, sweet potatoes, and a dish (own recipe) with spinach and tunefish for example. But my paleo repetoire is quite limited. Tonight I'm actually going to have a paleo meal: meat and all kinds of vegetables on the bbq . I would really like it if you would share some of your ideas for dishes (also without meat or eggs).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast