Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In What Mode Do You Think? page 2

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    For learning, definitely reading and writing work better for me. Someone telling/lecturing information is tougher for me to process. Doing works, but often I feel uncomfortable if I can't also take notes.

For decision making, it depends on how much time I have. If I have a lot, I research, make pros and cons lists, etc. (I did well on tests where one had to show their work at arriving at an answer.) If it's split second, I use prior experience with like situations.

However, there's a part of me that can also just be a goof. Like, "I'm leaving," hand keys to someone I trust to sell my stuff, get in the car, and set up residence 2000 miles away. Half my family were left handed, so perhaps I sometimes channel them.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    My thoughts are almost all based around words. I think visually, but using words and patterns. If you ask me to think of a car, I'll think of the word "car" (or "coche", "vehiculo", "voiture" or "auto") before I see a car. When thinking about directions, numbers/calculations, objects, people, actions... I see the word first and think in terms of words, before "translating" into images.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    lol!
    lmao.... If I can ever remember the name I should get my money back right?

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Visual learner... Telling me something is pointless.
    ENTJ thinker... Love Myers Briggs for figuring out where people are coming from.
    In God we trust; all others must bring data. W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by loafingcactus View Post
    ENTJ thinker... Love Myers Briggs for figuring out where people are coming from.
    Myers-Briggs is absolute garbage. It was created during WWII so that more people would get jobs.

Check out the Big Five personality traits.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I really don't know. I've never met someone else who seems to think or learn the way that I do (but I have Executive Functioning Disorder, even other people with it don't seem to think like me). I'm a visual & touch learner, combined. I need to see things, but anything phsyical and I need someone to physically guide me so I can learn it (comfortably). I love reading, but textbooks are impossible for me to read. I rarely feel like I ever understand entirely what's going on (in general).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Can someone post the actual modes of thought and descriptions?

I usually need to start with like, the conclusion, and have to keep the conclusion in mind while exploring the contributing elements.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    I haven't read the blog post, but judging by the OP, I don't agree with it.

People think in roughly 5 ways:
    1. Faith
    2. Authority
    3. Intuition
    4. Rational/Logical
    5. Empirical

More can be added at the top of the list that are near synonyms with "faith" and "authority".
    Fair enough, but we're talking about different things here, not Modes of active, conscious thought. For example, Faith and Authority use the Legalistic mode of thought, in which the basic rules would come from religion or the specific authority selected.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 07-05-2013 at 04:56 PM.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    Can someone post the actual modes of thought and descriptions?
    I thought I did. Maybe reread the first comment and the reply to sbhikes. Anyway, I can't find the book now. I'd have to do a whole cleaning of my library. It does need it but I don't have the energy.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 07-05-2013 at 03:18 PM.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by loafingcactus View Post
    Alas, although I've taken Myers Briggs many times, I make it come out differently each time, depending upon my mood. I can also do this purposively.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast