Thread: Hello from the South Downs, UK page

BenP is offline Member

Hello from the South Downs, UK

Shop Now
    Hi,

Hadn't discovered this forum until tonight despite visiting marks daily apple a few times.

Looks like some interesting topics being discussed. I'm a 39yr old man with a young family (so not enough sleep in the last few years) and the plan is to be fit enough in my 50s to enjoy an active life with the kids when they're in their teens (and also with the missus...)

Pretty active guy, done a few triathlons (up to half IM) and a trail marathon last summer. Gave up gluten a while ago as I stopped getting on with it (despite a lifetime of sandwiches, pasta and pizzas, actually maybe due to a lifetime of sandwiches, pasta and pizza) sadly the beer is also now on the list of stuff that doesn't agree with me.... (Luckily wine is ok!)

Just finished reading the primal blueprint book.
    Also read the maffetone book which I found great so like the concept of long slow miles for training...

Anyway - hello!

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BenP View Post
    Hi,

Hadn't discovered this forum until tonight despite visiting marks daily apple a few times.

Looks like some interesting topics being discussed. I'm a 39yr old man with a young family (so not enough sleep in the last few years) and the plan is to be fit enough in my 50s to enjoy an active life with the kids when they're in their teens (and also with the missus...)

Pretty active guy, done a few triathlons (up to half IM) and a trail marathon last summer. Gave up gluten a while ago as I stopped getting on with it (despite a lifetime of sandwiches, pasta and pizzas, actually maybe due to a lifetime of sandwiches, pasta and pizza) sadly the beer is also now on the list of stuff that doesn't agree with me.... (Luckily wine is ok!)

Just finished reading the primal blueprint book.
    Also read the maffetone book which I found great so like the concept of long slow miles for training...

Anyway - hello!
    Hello Ben, it's a great forum and I'm sure you will enjoy it.