Thread: Iodized sea salt??? page

kiwigal is offline Senior Member

Iodized sea salt???

Primal Fuel
    An australian friend of mine pointed me to this website to find iodized seal salt with no artificial anything else.

https://www.aussiehealthproducts.com...ng-agent-500gm

Correct me if I am wrong but we do not have anything like this in the USA correct???

I'm considering spending the $30 to have it shipped. OUCH!!!!!

PLease tell me we have something like this here. I have checked Whole Foods, Traders, local grocery stores. All "healthy" salt here is not iodized.

UGH!!!!!

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    We have morton iodized sea salt at the local grocery. I use it along with a couple other salt varieties in my house.

Morton Salt Iodized Sea Salt, 26 oz, 2 pk - Free Shipping

If your doing it for the iodine why not just take some kelp tablets?
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 07-04-2013 at 10:23 AM.

sqidmark is offline Member
    You can also sprinkle dulse flakes on whatever. Lots of iodine in it. We use it on salads, in gravies etc.

Salixisme is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I don't use iodized sea salt in my cooking - I just use a good unrefined sea salt and then incorporate some seaweed into our diet. The seaweed provides the iodine we need in a natural form.

And actually, by adding seaweed, I find I need to use less salt as it is quite salty in itself.

I add Kombu/Kelp to the bone broths I make, I use dulse and wakame in other things, sometimes ground up.... and we eat quite a bit of "Paleo sushi" as well.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Dr. Seuss