Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from the not so sunny North East England! page

AlexRobson is offline Junior Member

Hello from the not so sunny North East England!

Shop Now
    Hi,

I'm Alex and have been an idiot. I have read and read and enjoyed learning all about primal yet still haven't found the spark to fully achieve my goal.

Over the last year my waistline and weight have began to creep up and considering I wasn't impressed with my physique before I'm even less so now!

Wish me luck I'm gunna need it!

Alex.

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRobson View Post
    Hi,

I'm Alex and have been an idiot. I have read and read and enjoyed learning all about primal yet still haven't found the spark to fully achieve my goal.

Over the last year my waistline and weight have began to creep up and considering I wasn't impressed with my physique before I'm even less so now!

Wish me luck I'm gunna need it!

Alex.
    You've found the right place Alex. Now is the time to start. You're not an idiot unless you support the the mags
    good luck.

FTM

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    I have no idea what it takes to make the little green weevil in the brain change directions. This time around it was a trip to another country, which I suspected would do it and I threw some effort into making the trip work that way.this is why I tend to suggest some kind of change of environment. As we know, addiction is person + substance + environment, so changing the pattern by changing the environment temporarily can be very powerful.
    In God we trust; all others must bring data. W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Haway man Alex, the anticipation is killing me.
    Even if your black and White I wish you all the best with your paleo life.
    It's a great place to learn everything you'll need to know.

I don't follow football but my family are staunch Sunderland and I have drank in The Jacksons once or twice.

I work in a factory and walking is one of many benefits, I usually do about 8,000 steps per day, highest so far has been 13,500 steps but that was a busy day with plenty of breakdowns!

I think I will continue to focus on making little changes but the pace at which I make these changes needs to be picked up a hell of a lot, I don't eat crisps or have sugar in my coffee anymore but I know these are only trivial.

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    I think I will continue to focus on making little changes but the pace at which I make these changes needs to be picked up a hell of a lot, I don't eat crisps or have sugar in my coffee anymore but I know these are only trivial.
    Little changes are good. They accumulate and it's surprising what a difference they can make. If you've been used to sugar in your coffee and crisps every day, then that's already a significant reduction in sugar and veggie oils - probably omega6 loaded. Also, that's 2 regular habits that you've broken. I know you want to see the changes in your weight and waistline, but you've already got a good basis in an active job, so every little change you can make will help.

Good luck!
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Thank you Awok,

Big problem is since having a baby we have much less time for anything let alone being conscious of what we eat, so one habit I need to get into is making bait for work, even if it is a less than healthy one, once the habit of taking food to work has been cemented I can then filter out the bad.

Hi Alex - welcome !
    For me it started the other way round, which somehow was much easier.
    Very well organized, and therefore strict paleo, at work. Much more chaotic eating on my days off.
    I could really notice how much better I felt on my work days, which left me in no doubt that this was the right thing for me.
    My tuppence worth for a small change - if it is wrapped in bread it can be wrapped in lettuce or loaded onto slices of cucumber - yes even butter and marmite mmmm enjoy !!!

I had never thought of wrapping anything in lettuce, although it does seem like a very good idea! I shall have to try it this week thank you!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had never thought of wrapping anything in lettuce, although it does seem like a very good idea! I shall have to try it this week thank you!

Hi Alex. Gloomy again eh! If you like tinned sardines or pilchards, mash them up into a paste and roll them up inside large cabbage leaves just lake a wrap. Nutritious with omega 3s. You can use meat instead but try glynrick pilchards. Small can is one ideal meal 55p or a massive tin for 98p will do a fair few.

Good luck mate, welcome to MDA.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast