Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from the not so sunny North East England! page 2

AlexRobson is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Slightly sunny here, was glorious earlier but the clouds have made an appearance, likely be raining come 3pm!

I have never eaten sardines or pilchards, willing to give it a go for 55p, thanks for that one Sol.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    you can wrap things in good quality sliced meats too e.g.;
    ham with chopped eggs and mustard is good,
    diced salad vegetables wrapped in beef with horseradish is tasty.
    home-made coleslaw in chicken with a sprinkle of sage and a bit of onion
    you can use white or red cabbage as a wrap instead of lettuce for a change- tuna and vinegar is good
    Last edited by CarbDodger; 07-05-2013 at 05:36 AM.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRobson View Post
    Slightly sunny here, was glorious earlier but the clouds have made an appearance, likely be raining come 3pm!

I have never eaten sardines or pilchards, willing to give it a go for 55p, thanks for that one Sol.
    If you haven't tried them before I recommend the ones in tomato sauce. Easier on the palate to start with. If you take to them the large cans will last about 5 days in the fridge. Try them with salad too, in fact they can go with lots of things.
    Spread on large but thinly sliced cucumber as carby said. Lush.

I like to cut the top off a small cucumber lengthways ,then with the bottom bit I dig out some of the insides and make a kind of boat. i then fill this with stuff ,put the top on,wrap in foil or clingfilm. it travels really well and doesn't get squashed! i particularly like fish in it -usually tuna,occasionally salmon
    I'll try it with pilchards- I haven't eaten them in years and had forgotten about them! thanks sol
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'

I shall give these a try and get back to you all on what I thought!

Gunna be a rather funny sight as the engineers in my office all try to eat healthy and look proper bored with their salads, can only imagine their faces as I explain what I'm eating, one or two might even end up here!

its so hot here in the Midlands- I keep making 1/2 hour forays into the garden but have to keep coming indoors to cool off. I've got a paddling pool out for the dog and have my feet in it!

yeah dont be boring- stuff a cucumber boat an eat it like a burrito
    Last edited by CarbDodger; 07-05-2013 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    its so hot here in the Midlands- I keep making 1/2 hour forays into the garden but have to keep coming indoors to cool off. I've got a paddling pool out for the dog and have my feet in it!

yeah dont be boring- stuff a cucumber boat an eat it like a burrito
    Nice one carbs, never thought to carve out a cucumber, will try that tonight. Thanks.
    Sorry to hi-jack your thread Alex.

I venture outside in order to go from my plant to the others and it is a lovely 100m walk in the sun, come 3pm I'm away home and going to have a little walk down the allotments see what's available!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRobson View Post
    I venture outside in order to go from my plant to the others and it is a lovely 100m walk in the sun, come 3pm I'm away home and going to have a little walk down the allotments see what's available!
    You've got an allotment? That's cool. All the veg you can pick and super fresh too. Excellent.

Can you not dig a pond and raise some sardines? I'll help!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol blackcat View Post

Can you not dig a pond and raise some sardines? I'll help!
    and ducks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast