Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: Pessimist is kicking the oatmeal to the curb page

Pessimist is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal: Pessimist is kicking the oatmeal to the curb

Long time lurker, first time poster!
    Today is the day
    30 day challenge starts! Although I am IFing so it should be easy to avoid the grains

I have been eliminating all the grains and carbs over the last few weeks, and today is the day I am making it official.
    I have been a bit nervous about doing the challenge. I don't want to fail. I am fairly certain that's a pretty common feeling for everyone though. I am just so sick of failing...

Anyway I am 32, soon to be 33. I would like to be smoking hot by my birthday in August. I don't really have a weight I want to be, I just want to look good. I want to feel comfortable in my skin and not spend every waking moment obsessing over food and weight.

So ya, I don't have measurements to post atm but I'm about 5'6 and 120ish pounds. Looking to put on a bit of muscle and loose a bit of fat. However I have been feeling MUCH better after getting rid of my morning oatmeal. I can't even begin to explain the PAIN and BLOATING eating all that fibre and grain did to my innards. I had no idea what would cause my abdominal issues, and I tried to solve it by just eating more fibre. After all that is what all the websites told me to do. My GI was a mess. Now that I eat things like eggs and bacon for brekkie my pain has all but evaporated. It's amazing! It makes me want to cry.

Getting rid of breads and rice is relatively easy. It's the sugar that concerns me. The junk food. I don't buy it but have a very difficult time saying no when it is around me. Well that is what the challenge is for. To go thirty days and see if I can survive.

Go team me!

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by kuno1chi View Post
    Welcome!

yay! thank you Kuno1chi!

Day 2 has begun.

Time to break my fast!

Started with my yumma mumma monster breakfast. I even fit day'd it. Bit of a pain since everything seems to be in oz on the site and my measuring cups are in, well, cups. My omelette was a lot more calorie dense then I would have thought. The olive oil used to cook it in just shot up my calories like no tomorrow, so I will have to pay attention to that. I'm actually really upset my omelette had so many calories. 2 eggs, some veg and meat and I exceeded some peoples daily limit! I feel like I have already failed for the day.

Going to lunch with a friend today so we will see how that goes. I will have to be extra careful, especially as she is on the heavy side and eats nothing but crap. I can't be tempted!! This is only day two!

Ok, off to wing chun so we will see how the rest of the day goes

Nasno is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on taking the plunge!

Quote Originally Posted by Pessimist View Post
    However I have been feeling MUCH better after getting rid of my morning oatmeal. I can't even begin to explain the PAIN and BLOATING eating all that fibre and grain did to my innards. I had no idea what would cause my abdominal issues, and I tried to solve it by just eating more fibre.
    I echo your experiences.
    I used to love oatmeal, breakfast cereals, anything made by Kashi, heck even apples. You follow CW and it just makes it worse. I have never felt better and more regular since I went primal.

Can't wait to see your results.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    mmm love me some high cal omlette. embrace it!

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Don't worry about calories.. especially in your omlette! 2 eggs, some vegies and meat are not worth counting calories over. I think a key point of PB is to not have to worry about calories.. If it is good for you , and you are hungry - eat it..

Good luck with your 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasno View Post
    Congrats on taking the plunge!

I echo your experiences.
    I used to love oatmeal, breakfast cereals, anything made by Kashi, heck even apples. You follow CW and it just makes it worse. I have never felt better and more regular since I went primal.

Can't wait to see your results.
    Ohh kashi. I used to chow down on their granola bars like they were going out of style!
    The hopes of being more regular is VERY appealing to me haha

Thanks so much for the encouragement

Quote Originally Posted by MeatMe216 View Post
    mmm love me some high cal omlette. embrace it!
    I will!
    Just made another one for breakfast this morning!! And it was gooooood

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by slowcooker View Post
    Don't worry about calories.. especially in your omlette! 2 eggs, some vegies and meat are not worth counting calories over. I think a key point of PB is to not have to worry about calories.. If it is good for you , and you are hungry - eat it..

Good luck with your 30 days.
    Thanks slowcooker. I suppose I am just so used to the CW concerning calories that it is hard to break free from that. Also, eating when I am hungry is almost an alien concept! Well that's what the 30 days is for I suppose! Experimentation and learning.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast