Page 37 of 60 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: GrayCat's True Colors - My Journal page 37

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    I have the unique ability to find interesting things in the oddest, most unexpected places. And beauty. Sometime I have to dig real deep to find it tho.
    And thanks again!
    Re: My hair. Yes! I'm doing pretty much everything Derp suggested and something is working. The only thing, I have no idea what works the most, LoL! I just hope it holds.
    I guess that's why you liked "American Beauty" The plastic bag scene.

"It was one of those days when it's a minute away from snowing and there's this electricity in the air, you can almost hear it. Right? And this bag was just dancing with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it. For fifteen minutes. That's the day I realized that there was this entire life behind things, and this incredibly benevolent force that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a poor excuse, I know. But it helps me remember... I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in."

I feel like that sometimes too, for realz.

Another success story for Dr. Derp! I can't even remember all the things you're doing apart from the prog oil - please summarise if you care to
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    I don't think someone who can truly find something unique in the oddest of places can ever be unhappy. Lost, discontent, uncertain, maybe; but that's too beautiful of a quality to have.

<3 (never gets old)
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I guess that's why you liked "American Beauty" The plastic bag scene.
    It's been a long time since I've seen it, but I remember

Another success story for Dr. Derp! I can't even remember all the things you're doing apart from the prog oil - please summarise if you care to
    Well that, and egg/milk/honey mask; I also did an at home chemistry experiment, I made copper peptides and so far I have applied them twice already.
    I think these will be helping a lot. In all honesty though, I think it's nutrition related. Maybe after 3 months the high fructose diet has kicked in and it helps my hair too. Maybe the gelatine has to do with that as well.
    A little self analysis.....I think somewhere along the way on a subconscious level I had in a way written my body off and concentrated most of my efforts on pretty skin and hair, and maintaining good appearance there is very important to me, if that makes sense.

Hi Om, Thanks. I guess I'm an optimist after all. An optimist going through my own ups and downs

I just found out that vodka and orange juice are the perfect 'de-stressor' Vitamin C! It's been a long day and now I'm really looking forward to a quiet evening.
    I'm not at all hungry and I think I might just have some scrambled eggs with a glass of milk. I'm going through another not hungry phase. I can't quite figure those out. I gotta be making sure I'm getting adequate nutrients.
    Kinda felt bummed yesterday after I went to a store and tried on some pants. I always look weird in the mirrors in those fitting rooms. I looked like I still had ways to go. Anyway, not letting this get to me and will just blame it on the lighting.
    I'm not really sure what the point of my rambling here is anymore, but the alternative would be to start talking to myself, LoL!!!

Well that, and egg/milk/honey mask; I also did an at home chemistry experiment, I made copper peptides and so far I have applied them twice already.
    I think these will be helping a lot. In all honesty though, I think it's nutrition related. Maybe after 3 months the high fructose diet has kicked in and it helps my hair too. Maybe the gelatine has to do with that as well.
    A little self analysis.....I think somewhere along the way on a subconscious level I had in a way written my body off and concentrated most of my efforts on pretty skin and hair, and maintaining good appearance there is very important to me, if that makes sense.
    My hair is starting t look like shit so I'm gonna have to try these things... I have no idea what else to do :/

I just found out that vodka and orange juice are the perfect 'de-stressor' Vitamin C! It's been a long day and now I'm really looking forward to a quiet evening.
    I'm not at all hungry and I think I might just have some scrambled eggs with a glass of milk. I'm going through another not hungry phase. I can't quite figure those out. I gotta be making sure I'm getting adequate nutrients.
    Kinda felt bummed yesterday after I went to a store and tried on some pants. I always look weird in the mirrors in those fitting rooms. I looked like I still had ways to go. Anyway, not letting this get to me and will just blame it on the lighting.
    I'm not really sure what the point of my rambling here is anymore, but the alternative would be to start talking to myself, LoL!!!
    Seriously Gray... you're so tiny! How could you lose any more weight? You must be 18% bf at this stage. You definitely don't have ANY way to go! You look amazing.

Fwiw - mirrors and lighting make a BIG difference. My revelation for the day will be in my journal soon
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Hah, wish it were true. I have no idea what my actual BF percentage is, but I'm sure it can't be that low. One of these days I might brave posting a pic in some skimpy-ish workout clothes for evidence.

My friends, I've been having some pretty bad bouts of anxiety over the last few days. It actually made me revert to an old habit that I used to have in this type of situations, smoking. In 2 days I went through entire pack of camels No. 9 This is something I'd like to nip in the bud, before it goes out of hand. For one thing, smoking doesn't do my skin any favors.

This is a difficult one, but any tips on how to alleviate anxiety?

I had my labs done exactly a week ago, and don't have the results yet. Really, glaciers move faster than that.

In other news, we'll be going to Vegas for a long weekend soon. Kinda looking forward to that.

Ha, that was a lot of one liners!

This is going to sound random, but for anxiety I really recommend a rocking motion, like going on swings, or even rocking yourself gently. It's incredibly soothing.

There's a book that I have on PDF which I can send to you if you like; it's about how when animals in the wild go through trauma (near death etc), they go through a process where they "shake out" their anxiety. Whereas as humans we bottle it up. It's Waking the Tiger | Professional Training For Mental Health Professionals & Post Traumatic Stress Disorder | Trauma Therapy Training

I've also tried bag breathing a few times, and I can attest that it's relaxing, though I feel like a weirdo doing it

- Ray Peat

Thank you dear.

Some deep breathing techniques seem to be helping as well, as I haven't had a craving to smoke again since this morning.
    The only nutrition I've had so far today was two cups of coffee with milk and sugar, no good! Time to slice up that watermelon and to fire up the grill later on.

It's Friday the 13th!!

ETA: I read the first chapter from that book linked above.

Frankly though, my anxiety is always about uncertain future, something that might happen. Think an important exam, court date, any important event of some kind; whereas I don't really think much about traumatic events that have already taken place.
    Last edited by Graycat; 09-13-2013 at 02:20 PM.

Just took raw thyroid for the first time and now await the ecstasy effect Yo is raving about hahaha!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thank you dear.

Some deep breathing techniques seem to be helping as well, as I haven't had a craving to smoke again since this morning.
    The only nutrition I've had so far today was two cups of coffee with milk and sugar, no good! Time to slice up that watermelon and to fire up the grill later on.

It's Friday the 13th!!

ETA: I read the first chapter from that book linked above.

Frankly though, my anxiety is always about uncertain future, something that might happen. Think an important exam, court date, any important event of some kind; whereas I don't really think much about traumatic events that have already taken place.
    We have all suffered trauma in our lives, and while you may not relive it consciously, it's retained in the cellular memory, and when you experience similar situations you relive the trauma physiologically. That's why people often "over react" to certain stimuli.

But anyway, I just linked it to demonstrate how we carry anxiety in our body, and that you can release anxiety through the body, on a daily basis

Just took raw thyroid for the first time and now await the ecstasy effect Yo is raving about hahaha!
    I just took it as well Ha - you know by ecstasy I meant the drug, right?

- Ray Peat

Page 37 of 60 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast