Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Margaritas page

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member

Margaritas

Primal Fuel
    Anyone have a good-tasting margarita recipe that isn't loaded with sugar? Holiday weekend and I'd really like a margarita!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    NorCal Margarita Recipe (and ingredients)

2 shots of top shelf tequila (preferably resposado or anejo, see tequila descriptions below), 3 shots if you’re feeling frisky
    The juice and pulp of one lime
    Club soda to taste
    Shake it up
    Serve on the rocks

What you’ve got yourself here is a 130-150 calorie beverage that is low carb (5 grams or less), low sugar (5 grams or less), and not too sweet or sour. All the flavor without all the junk so of course I had to taste test.
    Source: The NorCal Margarita: How To Make The Perfect Paleo Adult Beverage
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Margaritas aren't loaded with sugar unless you buy some commercial mix, in which case they aren't really margaritas.

Recipe for margarita: 3 parts good silver tequila, 2 triple sec, 1 part fresh squeezed lime juice

Shake with ice and strain into a glass rimmed with kosher salt. No salt = not a margarita. Margarita mix = not a margarita. Didn't squeeze limes until your forearms hurt = not a margarita. Using good aņejo instead of silver tequila = still a margarita, but a waste of good sipping tequila. Thus spake RichMahogany, former bartender to the elite yuppies of the mid-atlantic.

The only appreciable sugar is in the triple sec. If it's part of your 20%, don't sweat it. Otherwise, look up "Norcal margarita," which, despite not being a margarita, is delicious and as primal as can be.

The end.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Margaritas aren't loaded with sugar unless you buy some commercial mix, in which case they aren't really margaritas.

Recipe for margarita: 3 parts good silver tequila, 2 triple sec, 1 part fresh squeezed lime juice

Shake with ice and strain into a glass rimmed with kosher salt. No salt = not a margarita. Margarita mix = not a margarita. Didn't squeeze limes until your forearms hurt = not a margarita. Using good aņejo instead of silver tequila = still a margarita, but a waste of good sipping tequila. Thus spake RichMahogany, former bartender to the elite yuppies of the mid-atlantic.

The only appreciable sugar is in the triple sec. If it's part of your 20%, don't sweat it. Otherwise, look up "Norcal margarita," which, despite not being a margarita, is delicious and as primal as can be.

The end.
    Another reason to like RM, I will remind myself of this when I run across a cranky post from you.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member

Shake with ice and strain into a glass rimmed with kosher salt. No salt = not a margarita. Margarita mix = not a margarita. Didn't squeeze limes until your forearms hurt = not a margarita. Using good aņejo instead of silver tequila = still a margarita, but a waste of good sipping tequila.

The end.
    this.

the only slight addition you could make would be a spash or a float of gran marnier, if you like it a little more gran marnier-ish. if not, the recipe RM posted is spot-on
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Find a decent spirit, and drink it neat or on the rocks. Cocktails were basically invented to cover up the taste of rotgut.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Important! Use a dent of lime to moisterize and rim the glass with salt...

Sounds good! Thanks!

The end.
    If you say triple sec is ok, I'm drinking triple sec

Thanks!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Find a decent spirit, and drink it neat or on the rocks. Cocktails were basically invented to cover up the taste of rotgut.
    My usual poison is whiskey/water, but wanted something more summer-ish to enjoy while soaking up some sun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast