Thread: Primal Meal Plan Forum page

Rugby1847 is offline Junior Member

Primal Meal Plan Forum

Primal Fuel
    I was hoping you could create a forum for the Primal Meal Plan/Planner program. I have been using it for a couple months and it has been great. Although there have been a couple "pit falls" most of the recipes have been amazing.

I was hoping to exchange some info on where to purchase special ingredients, any recipe modifications or any gotchas people have found, and also what people are spending each week. We are consistently around $200 a week for the 2 of us.

Thanks,
    -Craig

JenB is offline Junior Member
    Well that scares me. I just signed up for the meal planner hoping it would help me as I'm very new to this...but I've already spent $200 and there are still things I need to get (granted I don't have a lot of the staple ingredients) but I cannot afford to spend that much each week...I'm one person with one income.

Emofedom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JenB View Post
    Well that scares me. I just signed up for the meal planner hoping it would help me as I'm very new to this...but I've already spent $200 and there are still things I need to get (granted I don't have a lot of the staple ingredients) but I cannot afford to spend that much each week...I'm one person with one income.
    Don't run off just yet. It easy to spend lots of money on groceries, especially when your still getting your staple ingredients bought up. But it doesn't have to be. I'm not saying getting started wont be a little more expensive though. Replace your bad staples with good PB staples hurts the pocket book. Work into it. Every week or month buy those more expensive staples. You don't have to have them all at once anyway.

If you look for what's in season and what's on sale in the produce department it won't be so bad. Farmers Markets and road side produce stands usually have great deals too. Also at the store go to the freezers... you can get all your veggies from there and save a bundle. Again, look for the sales. At the grocery store, I buy frozen berries and add those to my smoothies and it works out. It's kind of a waste not want not thing. You only take out as much as you need so your not wasting it.

When it comes to your meats... It's the cheaper cuts and organ meats you need in your diet, so that helps out a whole lot to. Their cheaper than those lean cuts that we thought were healthier anyway. In our area we are 6 hrs from the coast and seafood isn't all that pricey. I buy a bag of gulf shrimp. I fry them in bacon fat, add those to my salad, and eat that almost once a day for a week cause I love it so much. Roughly, That's $7 for salad stuff and $5 for the shrimp. I couldn't buy two lunches out for that around here.

I buy our eggs from a local family and they sell them cheap. They give us a discount on ours because we buy 4 18ct cartoons at a time. Single people like yourself can always scramble the eggs and then freeze them. They last months that way.

Every time you fry up some bacon, save the dripping in a mason jar in your frig. It will help save you from having to buy coconut oil and ghee(butter) so often. Plus it's got great flavor and a great fat.

Hope some of this may help. I don't want you to think its impossible. I feed four on a very tight budget from one income. It can work and your on the right track with the meal planner.

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"