Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weight loss and muscle recovery page 2

neilyus is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks for the advice. Thinking about it, the weight loss isn't actually all that bad - I obviously had it to lose and can notice a difference. I will maintain the current diet and step of the training a little, see how much I lose over the next week or so.
    If I plateau, then that's when I'll start with the weight (muscle mass) gain - I will be back on for advice though if that's OK.

So far, I've managed the weight loss fine myself, but I've never done weight gain. And doing it without dairy and 'carbs' may be a challenge.

I've read about GOMAD for skinny guys, and then seen 'a dozen eggs everyday' for skinny people. Not sure if i could eat that many, and I've issues on the health aspects if anyone could care to share their thoughts.

10 Bears is offline Member
    A quick response for the recovery issues could be dealt with having some eggs. I use eggs as my go to food almost a 'free without guilt food' as advised by Gary Taubes, and in my opinion they really help after training or generally when I am feeling a bit low and in need of something to fill the void!

They contain fats/protein and will make you feel full on very little (good after training to prevent hunger), but will also cause an insulin spike which will help recover glycogen (I believe!). There are several articles on here about eggs, so doing a bit of a search may help you find more information.
    Fortune Favours the Brave

I can only talk from my acquired knowledge and experiences. You may have a different view or experience and I will respect that. Please respect mine.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    If your body doesn’t get glucose fast, recovery will take much longer time. Starches are not fast enough and protein converted to glucose is a slow process and mixing fat into your recovery meal is also very bad and will make absorption of glucose even slower. Get some fast acting glucose already intra-workout and immediately after…

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    Did you seriously just copy & paste my post? Lol.
    You replied to a spambot. Just report them and move on. Moderators clean it up on the dayshift.

Definitely sounds likea lack of carbs post exercise. I would add them in at least a few times a week, if not at least for 1 meal every day you have vigorous exercise. The difference in aiding recovery can be quite staggering, and with the amount of regular exercise you are taking I can't see it doing anything but help.

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    Just watch out your caloric intake and calculate how many calories per day you need in order to lose weight.
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

neilyus is offline Junior Member
    Rest is just as important as exercise. I've been pushing myself in the same way I did when I was 14/15, and expecting the same results even after 10 years of little to no exercise. So that's s lesson for me.
    Had 4 days off and just done a great session in the pool.

I've really ramped up my calorie intake over the weekend and added 4lbs. I had plenty of water and two bananas as a post swim snack, I've got a land session tomorrow then a swim on Wednesday. I'll see then how much effect this had. And I'll introduce sweet potato tomorrow night.

Thanks for all your responses.

If I can be of any help to anyone, swimming related, let me know. I've held GB rankings and district records. I can also claim to have beaten Olympic silver medallist Michael Jamieson in the pool.

Sent from my C6603 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12