Thread: About to start GAPS for SIBO. Advice? page

elfman5150 is offline Member

About to start GAPS for SIBO. Advice?

So I have decided to follow a GAPS diet for what I believe is SIBO or some sort of IBS disorder that I'm suffering (lots of bloating/foul gas and non-so-clean stools). I have been reading that a GAPS diet is recommended for this, and thus have decided that starting this morning I will follow the diet as strictly as I can. However, I am concerned that I won't be getting very many veggies in my diet since there are a lot which aren't allowed (especially on intro diet). But I think to myself, "hey, there are lots of cultures/tribes which don't consume nearly as many veggies/fruit as we do, so I'll be fine." Is this sound advice?
    Also, I have begun getting into the habit of steaming pretty much every veggie I eat, essentially creating a 'steamed salad'. Is this a good habit to continue with? Any advice from fellow GAPS dieters is much appreciated, and if you have had success please let me know.
    Thanks.....here we go!

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    There's a GAPS support group in Yahoo groups, you should look it up.

But really, you will be fine with limited vegetables for a while. There's plenty of nutrients in homemade broths & stocks.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    This might be of interest:

The Dark Side of Fruits and Vegetables | Chris Kresser - YouTube

Got digestive problems? Take it easy on the veggies.

Have some butter with your veggies!

Vegetables Diagnosis: Diet

Georgia Ede, MD

Worth mentioning that in terms of biases, Georgia Ede is in favour of low carb and Chris Kresser isn't.

Wow - lots of good info in there thanks! And I just starting making a new batch of beef bone broth, so that's something to look forward to (I love my BBB)

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elfman5150 View Post
    Wow - lots of good info in there thanks! And I just starting making a new batch of beef bone broth, so that's something to look forward to (I love my BBB)
    Do you have adrenal fatigue? If you do GAPS isn't recommended and will make it much worse. You still need an anti-microbial agent and a biofilm disruptor. Look at my digestive health thread for the guide.
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $7.99.

I also offer coaching: http://fixyourgut.com/fixyourgut-coaching/.

www.fixyourgut.com
    Twitter: @fixyourgutjb

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Swanson View Post
    Do you have adrenal fatigue? If you do GAPS isn't recommended and will make it much worse. You still need an anti-microbial agent and a biofilm disruptor. Look at my digestive health thread for the guide.
    I'm not sure if I do or not but after looking up the symptoms it seems possible. I do suffer anxiety/depression and have actually thought about adrenal fatigue in the past. I suppose the only way to know though is to get some tests done. I'll check your thread and thanks