Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best chocolate page

aprimalmomma is offline Senior Member

Best chocolate

Primal Fuel
    What does everyone think is the best unsweetened chocolate for eating straight? i like to have 1-2 oz in the evening as a treat but I can only get lindt 90% in the supermarket and was going to order some 99% (I follow a keto diet) stuff online but wanted to see what brand might be the best based on everyone's experience before i buy 5lbs of the stuff.

BigTim is offline Junior Member
    I have 85-90% about twice a week, between 1-2 oz myself. In the UK we have Lindt, Blacks and some supermarket own brands which are all pretty good. Blacks tends to be fairtrade and Organic, so I try and get that when I can. If it gets a bit bitter for you, smoother a bit of almond butter on for extra yuminess, but be careful you don't eat the jar .

we just picked up a few bars of mast brothers and a bar of dick taylor. freaking awesome. the dick taylor was great, and this one had figs in it. I was a little put off by the texture, but overall the chocolate quality was amazing. the mast brothers brooklyn blend was excellent and I immediately thought it was possibly the best chocolate I've ever eaten. then we ate the mast brothers papua new guinea. best chocolate I've ever eaten. hands down. nothing even comes close...

diene is offline Senior Member
    You can get 100% cacao in the baking supplies section of most supermarkets. I just get Ghirardelli's. Ghirardelli's sweetened chocolate is inedible since they use HFCS, but the 100% cacao stuff is fine.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i'm a big fan of green and black's organic for straight, dark, creamy chocolate. when i want something with other flavors or texture, i turn to dagoba bars. both are available at more and more grocery stores lately.

morphing into primal is offline Junior Member
    I vote Dagoba. I'm partial to the Xocolatl bars myself. I find them to very rich though so I only eat 1-2 pieces at a time. Dagoba brand cacao powder is dynamite in protein shakes too if you do those.
    Last edited by morphing into primal; 07-03-2013 at 07:47 AM. Reason: correct spelling is important

Owen is offline Senior Member
    I've just started having the Lindt 90%. Its the best one I've found so far. Tried a few 99% ones but they were quite bitter.

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    I think Scharffen Berger and Dagoba taste the best but I only use them for melting or grating because the shape is kind of clunky and sawing them with a knife makes a mess.

I often go with Sunspire or Baker's for the price.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

msjameyers is offline Junior Member
    Schaffern bergen sells a 5lb bag of 5g pieces...just trying to decide between that and lindt 99.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So far, the only affordable brands I've found are Green and Blacks 85% and the Lindt variety. Imo, the Lindt 85 is nicer than the 90, and I think it's got less sugar too?

I got a couple of 100% bars for Christmas, from Hotel Chocolat. Nicest thing ever - 7 for 90 grams, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast