Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fat, Protein and Hormones page 2

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    After many self-experimentation and ratios I came to the conclusion that I have a broader problem than just fat, YB. I would summarize it as: Food makes me fat. I am trying the chopsticks diet. I chew on chop-sticks and pretend I am eating food. I think fat intake is admissible, but carbs may be too high... not sure about protein ratio.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Leida, I'm leaning towards a high fruit, gelatine and dairy diet. Guess what? Losing weight...

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I chew on chop-sticks and pretend I am eating food. I think fat intake is admissible, but carbs may be too high... not sure about protein ratio.
    Lol!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Feels like a good fit for the summer.

I tried to gelatin some tea, and it was just gross. I am doing fruit and smoothies with egg whites and gazpachos now. Thinking about avoiding meat. I bought a bunch of frozen wild cod fillets, gotta try that. I wish I could eat dairy, that would have been the easiest + egg whites.

What brand did you try? Knox is flavourless - I add it to my coffee and it just gives it a slightly creamier texture. Since starting to supplement with it I've noticed a distinct reduction in desire to eat meat, or even fish. I'm constantly satiated and I've lost the inches I gained on holidays in the space of a week. I'm coming to the conclusion that I didn't need to eat as much meat as I was.

Are you allergic to dairy? I'm mainly eating low fat cottage cheese - gorgeous and filling!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Well, if his advice worked for everybody we wouldn't really need a forum now would we?

We would just need that single post.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

I could never figure out my response to fermented dairy (I am intolerant of straight dairy), but after reading that that's what they feed to rats in the lab to cause cataracts & because we can't obtain raw dairy here, I decided to stop eating Greek Yogurt. I am not big on cottage cheese, used to make quark from my own kefir (love the acidity, cottage cheese too bland for my taste). I think I would have continued doing kefir/quark IF I could obtain raw dairy (maybe one day...). I guess, I just see too much strikes against processed dairy to go for it. I'd rather eat fish/eggs.

Yea, Knox. But unexpectedly, the tea that I enjoy as a drink, made me gag when I set it into jello. I guess I expected a sweetener, but since I am not using sweeteners... very tempted though!

Really want to drop fat to just natural in animal foods & reduce them.

Good news is that my skin started clearing. Maybe my body is getting over shock of starting to eat fruit + off artificial hormones = I can manage fruit???

Maybe it's the kind of fruit too?

I gave up the Greek yogurt too. It's too calorific and not satiating enough. Plus I think all the fat was bloating me. I'm much better with low fat dairy products, strangely.

I don't let the knox set - just drink it down! Had it in a cup of regular tea with milk and sugar before bed last night, and I slept like the dead. Best food supplement ever!

- Ray Peat

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I eat watermelons instead of apples, and like 2 bananas a day now (OMG! bananas! deadly food!). I still eat a lot of berries + rhubarb.

Greek Yogurt I buy (Liberte) is great. It is 0% fat, 18 g protein and 6 g carbs, it is very good with sea salt & no bloating (can't touch milk though without getting the preggo look). Kindda miss it.

I don't think I can drink diluted gelatin... I love set stuff. I am even eating my broths cold in the summer. It's almost like holodetz of my childhood, only without meat. I think I will just make normal jello from berries.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12