I had an opportunity to head over to an amazing restaurant this weekend: Texas de Brazil. If you haven't heard of it, it's a Brazilian Churrascaria Steakhouse, and there are several around the country. I went to the one in Orlando near Universal Studios.

To sum it up, it was heaven on earth. We made reservations and were seated immediately upon arrival with no wait, which was awesome. So I really recommend doing that if you can. We were seated and introduced, first, to the most amazing salad bar I've ever seen. It's not that it just had your standard selection of veggie fare, but it also had heaping plates of cheeses, grilled and sauteed mushrooms, olives, shrimp salad, 4-5 kinds of italian meats, sushi, soups, and so on and on and on...

Knowing what I was there for, I ate as much of the primal items from the salad bar that I thought "safe", and waited for the meats to come around.

This is where I make the Homer Simpson drooling sound.

It was chaotic bliss! Chaotic because servers would come to our table every few minutes with small portions of some different meat to try, sometimes two at a time. We had 3 to 4 different kinds of beef, steak, and so on. We had bacon wrapped chicken. We had Parmesan-crusted pork. We had lamb. We had Brazilian sausages. They even accomodated my requests for the fattier cuts of meat - because they actually bring these 3 foot tall skewers to the table, stuffed with meat, and just cut it off right there for you! There were tears of joy, I tell you!

It was just amazing. I joked I was in a meat coma the next day, but in reality - I felt great. It was totally primal with very few carbs. The tastes and the flavors were something I'll never forget.

It was on the expensive side - about $45/person - so I won't do it very often. But I have no complaints after the amazing food and amazing service.