Thread: Weight gain on 531 - need perspective please! page

Dignan is offline Junior Member

Weight gain on 531 - need perspective please!

Shop Now
    I am happy with the results I'm getting after 6 weeks on 531, but am worried I might be deluding myself, and would appreciate a gut check.

I started at 202 six weeks ago (down from 220 at the start of my primal journey in January) and my goal has been to get to 185, which is based on getting down to 15% bf (not super ambitious, I know). But in the 6 weeks I've been doing 531 with the BBB assists, I've gained 10 pounds. Based on how my clothes it, it seems like I'm smaller, but that seems pretty radical for recomposition over 6 weeks and eating like crazy.

Granted, this is my first serious program, but do those numbers make any sense?

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Yup.Toss the scale.

Rich Capalbo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
    I am happy with the results I'm getting after 6 weeks on 531, but am worried I might be deluding myself, and would appreciate a gut check.

I started at 202 six weeks ago (down from 220 at the start of my primal journey in January) and my goal has been to get to 185, which is based on getting down to 15% bf (not super ambitious, I know). But in the 6 weeks I've been doing 531 with the BBB assists, I've gained 10 pounds. Based on how my clothes it, it seems like I'm smaller, but that seems pretty radical for recomposition over 6 weeks and eating like crazy.

Granted, this is my first serious program, but do those numbers make any sense?
    I'm starting my 5th month of 531. (My version as a 65 yr. old with lots of bone spurs here and there).
    Was 227 when I started. Am 224 now but almost 2 inches down around the waist. I eat like a horse, must sleep 8 hours. I agree, toss the scale.

Poor guy. Lost noticeable fat mass and gained substantial muscle mass. I feel for you.

J/K. This is what's supposed to happen, but it's happening especially well for you. You're doing it right. Keep it up and toss the scale.

Cayenne is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
    ... 531 with the BBB assists...
    What are BBB assists ?

Which resource (i.e., which book or which online source, etc., ) did you use to learn the details of the 531 approach ?

Congratulations on your progress and TIA for responding.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne View Post
    What are BBB assists ?

Which resource (i.e., which book or which online source, etc., ) did you use to learn the details of the 531 approach ?

Congratulations on your progress and TIA for responding.
    BBB = The "Boring But Big" assistance exercise scheme. Basically uses the major lifts as their own accessory work with lower weight and higher reps than are used for main exercises. The Kindle version of 5/3/1 is only $10. Worth it.

If you believe in Jim Wendler that is Jim Wendler and EliteFTS Exposed - YouTube

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    Well, nothing seems wrong if your clothes are sitting better on you. Keep doing this
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/