Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Barbie vs Barbie page 4

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I just remembered, there was that Ukranian girl that tried to look like barbie:

ukrainian girl look like barbie - Yahoo! Canada Image Search Results
    She succeeded.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    She succeeded.
    Looks mostly lifeless and made of plastic. Check.

If I didn't know better I'd mistake her for one of those creepy ass Real Dolls.
    That means she has probably uploaded too much silicone.

This is much more attractive IMO...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    I saw this in a magazine today.... Real life Barbie

Ukrainian Model Has Supposedly Barbified Herself Through Plastic Surgery

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member
    I dislike how Marilyn Monroe has become Ms. Plus Size Support.

M.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    she's dead, what does she care?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

At least PART of her years she was quite chunky compared to today's modeling standards...
    If she were a star today she would certainly be on the cover of a tabloid making the "OMG look who has gained weight" headlines.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    I think Marilyn was the equivalent of a modern size 4. Hardly plus sized, with her 22" waist. Also, sorry cori but your video is b.s. She is not brave. H&M is brave for going with a size 12 instead of a size 2. Well, perhaps smart is a better word. Also, all the news ladies were like "OMG yes, lets not worry about thighs!" and "I love that!" despite being several sizes smaller than her. Try showing up to work as a size 12 ladies and see how long you last on that news show. And the dude, "If that is the new face of health and beauty blah blah." No shit. She is 24 and hot. morons.

As for Barbie, they have known she is freakishly out of proportion for decades. Guess what, who cares? Don't buy them for your kids. Simple as that. Then Mattel can go the f*ck out of business. That said, from what I have read around here far more damage to young self-esteem is done by other women/girls and mothers than any $20 piece of plastic with a dream house.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

My remark was that I thought she as a "plus size model" was hotter than "Barbie girl"... it had nothing to do with the "brave" thing.
    Thus my only comment which said specifically "This is more attractive IMO"

You can feel free to rant at someone else about content other than the nice rack on the sexy model.

Also, Marilyn M. size did not maintain at a size 4 over her entire career, she had some very apparent weight fluctuations and was short.
    Her ample hips and thighs are quite noticeable in many of her pictures... no thigh gap at all. None.
    But I still fund her shape then very appealing, that is not a disparaging comment.
    She was not a 5'10" size 4 as is the Long n' Lean standard.

She was 5'5" and during her career her weight (according to her dressmaker) reportedly varied from 116 to 140lbs.
    At 140 she would have been veering very close to the upper end of the "normal" weight category.
    Her actual clothes have been estimated by people who have actually tried them on at about size 4, 6, and 8.
    Those are "old" sizes... today that size would likely be vanity sized larger.
    A size 8 or 10 on a woman who is only 5'5" is the equivalent of "plus sized model" sizing considering that "plus sized models" are Tall and size 12/14. "Plus size model" does not mean "plus sized clothing" or "big fat woman".
    For The Last Time: What Size Was Marilyn Monroe?
    Last edited by cori93437; 07-03-2013 at 11:02 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I read the same article. Personally 5'5" 140 sounds fine to me. It makes me glad I am not a woman as frankly I would have to kick someone's ass every time I went shopping for clothes. Hell, I have gone shopping with women for clothes and it was down right infuriating. "In this store I am a size 2 but in blah store I am a 6 and in this store I am an 8 and oh, I like blah because there I am a size 0...blah blah." My anorexic friend was a freaking medium in one of the stores. A freaking medium right before she gets checked into a hospital for anorexia treatment. There is something wrong when 5'10 size 12 is plus sized.

As for the video, I agree, she is very attractive. The commentary from those in the video (not you) was annoying. Makes me very glad I am a man. The only measurement that I have to worry about is hidden beneath my pants anyway.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

No, Canio... you are misunderstanding a bit.
    5'10" and size 12/14 is an average "plus sized model", not a "plus size woman" or "plus size clothing". Just the image used most often to represent those women in advertisements.
    It gets a little weird there...

That height and size isn't "skinny", but is within the "healthy weight range", as are most "plus size models". Or they are into the "overweight" category only slightly at times. And they are often even taller than 5'10"...
    They are, however, used most often to model clothing for "overweight" and "obese" women as the target audience.

Fewer "plus sized models" are actually "obese" women of size generally used in specialty catalogs.

I agree with you... all of Marilyn's sizes were fine. It's just that at times her height/weight would have measured as proportionate to some of these taller "plus sized models" that are supposed to be so "brave" for accepting their bodies.
    It's ridiculous that any woman should be considered brave for accepting a normal healthy weight body... even if that number is a bit higher than the version shown in the media/fashion magazines.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast