Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Barbie vs Barbie page 2

Jer37208 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Wow, I can't believe Thunder Thighs Barbie can even fit her fat ass into that bathing suit.

I'm quite interested in some of the more self righteous comments: "Well, huff, I never cared what Barbie looked like! I still loved myself all the same!" Getting a bit defensive, are we?

I'm kind of thinking the same thing. Frankly they both look weird
    Here to eat and move like a caveman, not look or stink like one

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Dang.... a few more make-over and Barbie will be a dead ringer for a blonde Mama Cass......

Leida is offline Senior Member
    My nearly 7 yo has about 8 or so dolls in various princesses and barbies and plays with them along with littlest pet shop, lego pirates.... I don't know what angry birds are. But I am sure she'd play with it too. In fact, I can see my kiddo playing with dols that present any kind of characters gleefully. Kids are inventive.

Basically, the comparison here is a genetically advantageous rare female proportions and normalized proportions and how different they look. I don't think there is significantly more fat % on the average Barbie (maybe 5% difference) than on the model Barbie; it is about the skeleton and fat distribution. Cause we all know where Barbie carries her fat stores.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    I don't think the toy Barbie is actually realistic from a functional standpoint. Like your head would snap off with that skinny of a neck. I don't even think she represents "genetically gifted", she represents a toy made from a mold with plastic.

Which is a big part of the problem in this day and age- we even photoshop the genetically gifted into stylized images of a human body. Barbie's proportions...are not realistic- the world record smallest waist is 21", 3" smaller than her waist. Plus her neck is ridiculous.

So the comparison is a stylized toy to a toy with average proportions. No one has Barbies measurements. No one can look like Barbie. Just like no one can look like many magazine images, even the models themselves.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Nekron is offline Senior Member
    Toys are fantasy, human fantasy is always hyperbole. Yeah Barbie would not be able to live in real life, same as the Hulk, Thor or whatever other action figure for little boys.

The whole "if children cant see it, they wont develop these problems" approach is so incredibly retarded it blows my mind. Children are having sex at younger age? Better prevent them from seeing someone naked on tv, sure helped a lot.
    Someone went full retard and shot around at their schools? Better ban violent music/tv/games, that will help.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekron View Post
    Toys are fantasy, human fantasy is always hyperbole. Yeah Barbie would not be able to live in real life, same as the Hulk, Thor or whatever other action figure for little boys.
    Can too. I'm doing just fine.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I dunno, I see women once in a while with swan necks so Barbie's doesn't seem that unrealistic to me.
    Her waist-line does call for the rib removal.

Overall Barbie the Toy is obviously a fantasy, but the fantasy more in terms of proportions/elongation than in the total fat %. I dunno, I might not be making any sense here. It's basically means to me that losing weight will not achieve the more appealing body on an average figure. The average Barbnie will always look short and stocky compared to the genetically rare version.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    The Barbie on the right is just Skipper without the arm/boob pump action.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Wasn't there a user here who claimed to be descended from Thor or something?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Can too. I'm doing just fine.
    Are you anatomically correct?

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast