Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Immediate Reaction (bloating / sick) from Caeser Salad? Ideas?? page 2

Pinot-Girl is offline Senior Member
    Interesting!

I've had reaction to my tuna / mayo lunch before and thought it was sugar in my mayo, but I've just checked and there is soy in that too! Holy Hell Fire, this eating clean is not as easy as one would hope!

From what you say, I'll likely never know, this has been so far the strongest tummy upset since I've started this way of life, and the first meal out too! I've never been someone that has known about their food allergies or intolerance. Perhaps it is high time I got tested.

PG!

JulieRUNS is online now Senior Member
    yeah... croutons if you have not had any grains and you have an intolerance.

for me... it would be the oil in the dressing. My tummy will be flat and feeling thin but if I have salad with bad dressing I feel like I gained 10 pounds. Those stinkin' bad oils are in everything! (in restaurants)

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Restaurants spray stuff on the salad to keep it fresh. It doesn't affect me, but an acquaintance of mine gets the runs from it. And she's not Primal.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Pinot-Girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieRUNS View Post
    yeah... croutons if you have not had any grains and you have an intolerance.

for me... it would be the oil in the dressing. My tummy will be flat and feeling thin but if I have salad with bad dressing I feel like I gained 10 pounds. Those stinkin' bad oils are in everything! (in restaurants)
    Julie - that was exactly what it was like. I've had grains on the weekend, and nothing like this. Guess I'll have oil / vinegar next time.

Cheers!

sroelofs is offline Senior Member
    Like others have said, I would suggest its the soy oil in the mayonnaise dressing.

kimlika is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you react to gluten, it can have delayed/cumulative effect. That is, sometimes you can eat gluten and feel ok, then eat some more the next day, and then you suddenly react after several days. And if your body is already overloaded by gluten, a very small amount can set off the reaction.

I experienced this twice over 2 years since I went gluten free - but I'm most certainly gluten intolerant (tested positive). Turned out, many people in celiac community felt this delayed reactions.

Of course, it could be other things others suggested. Maybe you should test for gluten intolerance? It's always good to know what you are really intolerant to, and what you can get away with - makes eating much easier .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12